xlv. giancarlo stanton's plan

────────────── ✧༺

𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄,                             𝒈𝒊𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒐 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒐𝒏'𝒔 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒏

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈 𝙵𝙸𝚅𝙴!

┌────── ⚾ ──────┐
MAY 12, 2022
└────── ⚾ ──────┘

          𝐆𝐈𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐎 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐎𝐍 𝐇𝐀𝐃 a plan.

a real one. and this time there would be no chickening out.

probably.

bobbi was going out that night, and when she came back to his apartment, giancarlo would be awake, ring in his hand. she would say yes because of course she would and then she would cry and he wouldn't. at least, that's what he would tell you. he was definitely gonna cry.

"which one?" bobbi walked out of the bathroom into his bedroom, holding up two burgundy dresses that looked the same to giancarlo. her hair was curled to perfection, the light makeup highlighting her blue eyes. she looked gorgeous, despite only wearing one of giancarlo's old marlins t-shirts.

"um..." he tilted his head to the side, trying to see if the dresses were different. "isn't that the same dress?"

the blonde rolled her eyes and turned her back to walk back into the bathroom.

"you're useless!" she slammed the door shut.

"useless until i play your last place team!" he shouted, grinning at his comment.

"ok mr. i can barely make it around the bases because my legs are one pulled hamstring away from falling off!"

"heyyy!"

the door opened and she walked out wearing what looked like the first dress but giancarlo couldn't really tell because he was still convinced they were the same dress.

"that one's nice," he said as she admired herself in the mirror.

"shut up." giancarlo nodded and did as he was told.

in his opinion, the outfit was missing something.

like a ridiculously expensive ring.

he could do it right now. the ring was in his pocket. he could do it.

no, he had a plan and besides, she would probably yell at him after she cried all her makeup off.

she would go out, have fun, come home in a fantastic mood, say yes when he proposed, and then he would get laid. perfect night. then they would get married at a big wedding (he was still deciding on where) and didi and luce and aaron would write some dumb speech and tell stupid stories about him and then they would go on their honeymoon in greece because bobbi had always wanted to go there and what bobbi wanted bobbi got. after that they would have two, no three kids and a hamster because giancarlo really liked hamsters and was still weirdly attached to his childhood hamster, charlie, who had died when he was in 7th grade.

yeah, he had given his plan a lot of thought.

giancarlo didn't even notice her go back to get something until she was standing in front of him, waving two pairs of black heels in his face.

"which ones?"

"um..." he trailed off because, again, the shoes looked identical to him. "that one." he pointed to the first pair she held. she tossed those onto the bed next to him and started putting on the second pair.

"when do you think you'll be back?" he asked, trying not to seem suspicious. she narrowed her eyes at him, trying to figure out what he was really doing before replying.

"11:30 probably." she stood up and went back over to the mirror to smooth the wrinkles in her dress. he nodded, fiddling around with the small box in his pocket.

he wanted to do it now but he knew he needed to wait. he had a plan.

"i'll see you later." she leaned down to kiss him, careful not to smudge her lipstick.

"have fun but not too much fun!" he called out as she began to walk out.

"yeah, yeah, stanton!"

giancarlo smiled to himself because around 11:30 that night, he would be an engaged man.

or so he thought

he really should've asked her before she left, because if he did, he would've known her answer.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝐀 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐋𝐎𝐓𝐓𝐈𝐄

i think that 'giancarlo stanton had a plan' has become the most iconic quote in this book tbh.

this isn't even an aaron judge book anymore this is just a book of me writing a bunch random shit atp.

i wanna delete this book but i also don't bc idk i have literally nothing better to do.

BUT HELL YEA PHILLIES ADVANCE TO THE NLDS (to play the 2023 atlanta braves but i believe in them).

anywaysss, hope you enjoyed!

comment and vote!

love ya,

- lottie.

published: 10/5/23