xlviii. it's not your fault

────────────── ✧༺

𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓,                               𝒊𝒕'𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒇𝒂𝒖𝒍𝒕

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈 𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃!

TW: mentions of self-harm

┌────── ⚾ ──────┐
MAY 19, 2022
└────── ⚾ ──────┘

message from
eli
----------------------

eli
call u in 1 hr

luce
ok

          𝐋𝐔𝐂𝐄 𝐒𝐄𝐓 𝐇𝐄𝐑 phone down and and stared at herself in the mirror.

she had never liked san francisco. there were too many bad memories that she was reminded of every time she was there. it was ironic, considering her husband grew up in san francisco, but that was just luce and aaron.

technically speaking, luce was never supposed to share a room with him, even now, but they always did because they knew nobody would tell or care. aaron had been sharing a room with gerrit since their roadtrip started. they all noticed the riff between the couple, but none of them said anything.

aaron was going out to lunch with his parents that day, and luce's absence would definitely be noticed by her in-laws. she couldn't wait to hear what half-ass excuse aaron would come up with on her behalf. that is, if he hadn't already told them what had happened. 

luce splashed some water on her face, trying to make herself look a little less tired. she tossed a pack of cigarettes and her phone into her backpack, put on a black hoodie, and grabbed the keys to her rental.

despite the many rowdy baseball players she was sharing a floor with, she managed to get into the elevator unnoticed. just as the doors were about to close, somebody shoved a hand in between them, causing them to slide open again.