lix. birthday cutlets

────────────── ✧༺

𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄,                                             𝒃𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒉𝒅𝒂𝒚 𝒄𝒖𝒕𝒍𝒆𝒕𝒔

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙵𝙸𝙵𝚃𝚈 𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙴 !

┌────── ⚾ ──────┐
MAY 10, 2015
└────── ⚾ ──────┘

          𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐄𝐓 as luce and will walked up her porch steps. it was her birthday, but, as always, she didn't make a big deal about it. she just went to work, sorted through some files, and let will drive her home, because he insisted and because she wanted someone to carry her stuff. usually, jemma would've made a huge deal out of it, but she called in sick that day and the others didn't want to push it. 

eli had given her a container of tiramisu and chicken cutlets made by his nonna who forced him to give them to her even though luce wasn't a fan of her birthday. and he did, because as much as he was terrified of pissing luce off, he was more terrified of pissing off his 4 '11, barely 100 pound, grandmother.

luce of course took the food, because she too was terrified of the wrath of nonna carmela gallo and also because the food was delicious. but besides the food, nobody really said anything, which made her happy. she had no reason to celebrate her birthday. in her mind, it was just the day she was born, and it wasn't really something to get excited about. it was just another day in the year, nothing more.

"why do you hate your birthday so much anyways?" will asked as she fumbled with her keys.

"i have my reasons," she said, shrugging.

he rolled his eyes. "you were named after an earthquake and i was named after a series of fictional serial killers."

she raised an eyebrow, not getting why that was at all relevant. "and that is relevant how exactly?"

"we all have issues," he said, as if that explained everything. "just tell me."

"no," she replied, turning her key in the lock and opening the door.

"you're annoying," he declared as she pushed the door open.

"i am aware," she replied, stepping into the house. she was met with the smell of pizza and cake and the sound of cheers. she rolled her eyes as the others came out from their hiding spots and smiled.

"happy birthday!" she turned back to will, who was smirking.

"bitch," she mouthed as jemma, who was actually sick, pulled her into a hug. despite the fact that she hated her birthday, she hugged her back. jemma always tried to make luce celebrate her birthday, no matter how many times she said no.

as she hugged her, luce made eye contact with melinda who was also smirking. she narrowed her eyes and flipped her off.

"thank you," she muttered as jemma let her go.

"you're welcome," jemma replied, grinning.

all luce really wanted to do that night was open a bottle of whisky and eat some of the cutlets eli had given her while watching the godfather, but for jemma, she would make an exception.

she would do just about anything for her.

after the other girl was finished hugging her, eli wrapped an arm around her shoulders and led her into the kitchen, where the others were already headed.

"there is jack daniels and vodka in that bag," he whispered, pointing at a small, black bag on the counter. "and there's some beer in the fridge."

"you are a saint," she whispered back, patting him on the back.

"i try," he shrugged and then grinned.

that night, she ended up having a pretty good time, mostly because elena brought up an embarrassing story about eli during dinner which the rest of them promptly harassed him about. she laughed until she was in tears. the group had so much fun that nobody noticed when will snuck out of the room to take a call from the man they would come to know as the man who ruined everything.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝐀 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐋𝐎𝐓𝐓𝐈𝐄

happy international women's day <3

love ya,

- lottie.

published: 3/8/24