xxxvi. files

────────────── ✧༺

𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗,                        𝒇𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒔

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈 𝚂𝙸𝚇 !

┌────── ⚾ ──────┐
MAY 9, 2022
└────── ⚾ ──────┘

          ❛❛𝐈 𝐇𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔,❜❜ bobbi muttered, tossing a file to elena who grinned evilly at her.  

"you be thankful i'm not making you do this on your own," elena replied.

"why do you wait literal fucking years before sorting shit?" the blonde held up a file and pointed to the date stamped on the cover. "this one's from 2019!"

elena shrugged, simply reaching for the iced coffee she'd forced bobbi to buy her. 

bobbi rolled her eyes for about the tenth time that day. 

the two sat on the floor of a warehouse, surrounded by files. 

melinda was nowhere to be found but that didn't particularly bother either of them.

the blonde still owed her a few more favors, and elena had been using most of them for things like filing. 

"sooooooo..." elena trailed off. "how are things with g?"

"they same way they were the last time you asked," she replied, flipping through another old file. "and the time before that."

she wasn't stupid. bobbi knew exactly what elena was trying to figure out. she found the ring weeks ago, but the blonde hadn't told anybody about it.

he would ask her on his own, eventually.

"just wondering." elena shrugged innocently.

"well, well, well." bobbi held up a file to her who laughed. "take a look at this."

"oh my god," she said, taking the file out of bobbi's hand. bobbi scooted closer to her as she opened the file.

"full name: luciana daiyu ward," elena read aloud.

"look at that hair," bobbi said, pointing at luciana's photo that was pinned to the top of the folder, where she had bangs.

"you gave her that haircut, right?" she asked. bobbi nodded.

"i could give you one..." 

elena brought a hand to one of her french braids and glared at bobbi.

"absolutely not," she said before looking back down at the file and continuing. "date of birth: may 10th, 1992."

"she's so old," bobbi muttered.

"we're older.

"what are you two doing?" 

both women immediately jumped to their feet and elena tossed the file behind her.

"hey linny," bobbi said with a small wave. melinda placed her hands on her hips as she surveyed the scene around her. 

"you two are a mess." she stepped around the files and picked up luce's.

"aliases: quake, femme fatale, the cavalry's daughter," melinda read aloud in a bored tone. "that last one's gotta be racist."

she looked back at the other women who looked like they had been caught doing something they shouldn't have been.

"why are you reading her old file?"

"it was her idea," elena said quickly, pointing to bobbi who gave her a dirty look.

"was not!"

"was too!"

"enough," melinda said, turning to face the two women. "i'm not here for good news."

"bright ray of sunshine, you are, zhang," elena muttered.

"remember him?" 

the older woman showed her phone to the duo. on the screen was a headshot of a man that the group thought they would never deal with again.

"that's not..." bobbi trailed off, blue eyes glancing up at her mentor.

"it is," she confirmed.

"ok, what about him?" elena asked in confusion. "she took care of him."

"yeah, but he might become a problem for us again."

"how do you know?" elena asked. 

"davis was fucking around downtown again," she began.

"how shocking," bobbi muttered in an exasperated tone.

"he heard things, and he can back those things up with facts."

neither of them said anything because neither of them knew what to say.

"who's gonna tell her?" elena asked quietly. "luce, i mean."

"her birthday's tomorrow," bobbi said. "she's happy. we can wait."

"i'm not telling her," melinda said bluntly.

"neither am i," elena said.

they turned to bobbi who grimaced, biting her lip.

"after her birthday," she said firmly. "i'm not ruining that for her."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝐀 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐋𝐎𝐓𝐓𝐈𝐄

this sucks ass but torture starts sooooooon :)

anywaysss, hope you enjoyed!

comment and vote!

love ya,

- lottie.

published: 7/25/23

for av:

hehehe