v. chess

────────────── ✧༺

𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄,                    𝒄𝒉𝒆𝒔𝒔

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙵𝙸𝚅𝙴 !

┌────── ⚾ ──────┐
DECEMBER 18, 2021
└────── ⚾ ──────┘

          ❛❛𝐅𝐔𝐂𝐊!❜❜ aaron shouted, slamming his hands down onto the table. 

"ok, watch the language. there are kids around," luce said through her laughter. 

when they were coming back to the hotel from a lunch date, aaron had spotted a chessboard in the lobby and said that he could beat luce in a game. so, the two had been sitting together for almost two hours, playing chess. luce had already beat him four times but aaron wouldn't give up.

"says you," he said, surveying the board carefully. 

"just give up," she said with a smirk. "you're not gonna beat me, babe." 

"yes, i am," aaron said. "nose." luce brought a hand up to her nose to wipe a small amount of blood away.

"ах, сука (ah, bitch)," she muttered as aaron tossed her a pack of tissues.

"who taught you how to play?" aaron asked.

"johnny and awvee," she replied. "stephen was being and asshole and they thought it would be funny for his baby sister to beat him." 

"anybody ever beat you?" he asked, still contemplating his next move.

"bobbi's the only ine who ever could," luce admitted with a small smile.

"really?"

"yep. that woman is a genius."

he nodded, moving his king away from her knight and smiling at her. she chuckled and took out his king with a bishop he hadn't noticed.

"shi..." he began but stopped when he noticed two kids approaching them. "itake mushrooms." 

"nice," luce snorted, directing her eyes down to the chessboard as aaron turned to the two boys. they both had yankee jerseys on and one clutched a baseball while the other had a notepad. 

"can i have an autograph, please?" one asked, holding out the baseball and pen.

"me too, please," the other added. 

"of course." aaron smiled at the two boys as he signed the ball and then the notepad. the first boy turned towards luciana with the baseball.

"uh, could i have an autograph, ms. ward?" he asked. luce smiled and nodded at him. 

she could tell aaron wanted to correct the boy, but knew he wouldn't. she held a tissue to her nose with one hand and signed the ball and then the notepad with the other.

"thank you," they both said together before running off.

"surprised you can keep your mouth shut," luce said, pulling her knees up to her chest.

"you signed them wrong," aaron said, leaning back in his chair with his arms crossed.

"excuse me?" 

"what's your name?" he asked. she rolled her eyes and grabbed another tissue.

"luciana," she said slowly.

"last name?"

"oh, you're a dick," she said, kicking his leg under the table.

"you're the one that changed your last name," he said with a shrug. "you owe it to the kids to use your real name. luciana judge. has a nice ring to it."

"please shut the fuck up," she said with the fakest smile imaginable.

"honey, watch the language. there are kids around," he chuckled.

"whatever, i'm still a better chess player," she muttered. aaron had already begun to set up the board again.

"again. i will beat you" he said. "honey," he added.

"you just keep telling yourself that," she said with a small smirk.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝐀 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐋𝐎𝐓𝐓𝐈𝐄

katia lindor is mommy. 

that is all.

but not really bc i have to put this next part...

 anywaysss, hope you enjoyed!

comment and vote!

lova ya,

- lottie.

published: 3/31/23