lvi. the trap

────────────── ✧༺

𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗,                                        𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒑

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙵𝙸𝙵𝚃𝚈 𝚂𝙸𝚇 !

┌────── ⚾ ──────┐
JUNE 5, 2022
└────── ⚾ ──────┘

          ❛❛𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒?❜❜ eli asked as he helped luce strap on her bulletproof vest. the group was gathered in a conference room, preparing to make a raid on his location. the others were scattered around, completing various tasks before they left. they'd already been briefed on their objectives and assignments, and while the briefing took quite a while, there was only one sentence that really stuck with luce.if you have the shot, you take it. 

if you have the shot, you take it.

those words echoed through her mind as she secured her bulletproof vest. it would be the perfect opportunity to finish what she started. it was her chance to get revenge. it was her chance to kill him.

"you know i am," luce replied, pulling the strap tight.

"i can't believe your husband is letting you do this," elena said as she walked over to the duo.

"yeah," luce replied as she felt a pang of sadness in her chest. "me neither."

after she left the house, he hadn't texted or called or anything. not that she expected him too. and she knew she deserved it because after all, she was the one that demanded a divorce, but it still hurt. she hadn't meant it, she was just so angry in the moment and the words came out before she realized what she was saying. but there was no going back now. she had fucked up, and there was nothing she could do.

will handed her a gun, and she nodded in thanks. he gave her a reassuring smile, which she returned.

luce would be lying if she said she wasn't scared. she was terrified, but she needed to do this. it might cost her her marriage, but she owed it to too many people not to go through with it. she owed to bobbi, and giancarlo, and eli, and will, and melinda, and elena, and to herself, but most importantly, she owed it to jemma.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

          𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐖𝐀𝐒 silent aside from the quiet sound of footsteps echoing on the concrete floor. the silence was broken by the soft click of the safety being turned off, and the sound of the hammer being pulled back. the gun was heavy in her hand as she slowly crept down the hallway. the mask she wore across the bottom of her face covered her features and muffled her breathing.

will was a few feet in front of her while eli trailed behind. the others had gone through the front entrances while the trio slipped in through a small side entrance. the building was old and abandoned, and there was a small window near the top of the wall that was just big enough for someone small to crawl through.

luce had made the short climb because she was the only one who could fit and opened the door from the inside for the other two to enter. she held her gun with two hands and kept it raised, following will down the corridor. the three moved in unison, checking around every corner before proceeding. the further into the building they got, the more anxious luce became.

she couldn't explain it, but she had a very bad feeling about all of this.

something wasn't right. there were too many questions, essential questions, that they didn't have answers for, but there was one question that she needed answered. 

how did they know exactly where she and bobbi were that night?

will stopped abruptly, holding his hand up, signaling them to stop. luce peered around him and saw a dim light peeking out from underneath a door. he pressed his ear against the door, listening. he heard a voice, the faint murmur barely audible. will stepped back and looked at the other two, nodding his head towards the door.

"i think we got him." eli tapped into his earpiece, telling the others that they may have found him.

the door was unlocked, which only added to luce's suspicion. the other team had reached the front, and luce could hear a small commotion. eli opened the door, and the trio entered, their guns raised and pointed straight ahead. as they trio circled the room, they found no one.

but will said he was sure he heard someone. he wouldn't lie, would he? unless he did, to get them in the room, to trap them. the thought never crossed her mind before, but it made perfect sense. bobbi texted him that night they were attacked and the two of them tracked each other's phones. he knew where they were. he was the one who found this location, and he was the one who found the warehouse where they killed jemma. he knew the entire time.

the realization hit her at the same moment she was hit over the head. 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝐀 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐋𝐎𝐓𝐓𝐈𝐄

lets never talk abt this chapter again ok?

i wanna delete this shit so bad sometimes

anywaysss, hope you enjoyed (i didn't)!

comment and vote!

love ya,

- lottie.

published: 3/4/24