xlii. yes

────────────── ✧༺

𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎,                          𝒚𝒆𝒔

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈 𝚃𝚆𝙾!

┌────── ⚾ ──────┐
MAY 13, 2022
└────── ⚾ ──────┘

          ❛❛𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐇𝐄 𝐈𝐒,❜❜ eli muttered, glancing over his shoulder to make sure will had gotten giancarlo out of the room.

"don't hurt him," luce muttered through gritted teeth as he pushed her back onto the table. "not until i get to him."

"nobody's gonna hurt him," eli said. "including you."

"try and stop me," she challenged. "let's see what happens."

"that would be quite the show."

"you'd lose."

"no shit, ward."

eli looked towards the door to where daisy was standing, looking terrified. he sighed and put on his nicest face before speaking to her.

"it's ok," he told her. she shook her head frantically and took a step back.  

"daisy-" luce began but stopped herself when daisy took another step back. luce said nothing more and turned her back to the younger girl.

eli looked between the two for a moment, before speaking up again.

"i'll get will to take you to g," he told daisy. she gulped but nodded and retreated into the hall.

"she's scared of me."

"everybody's scared of you," he pointed out. 

"davis..." the tears in her eyes told him everything he needed to know.

"i know," he said, squeezing her hand. "i know, ward."

luce inhaled sharply and in an instance the tears were completely gone.

"how's nonna?" she asked, changing the subject.

when they had worked together, eli had taken luce to meet his family, or, more specifically, his nonna who owned a restaurant downtown. she had liked luce so much that she had insisted she come around anytime, and luciana always did.

until the first incident. 

"she's good," eli said with a small nod. "she's always askin' why do you don't come around anymore."

"honestly, i thought you didn't want to see me," she admitted.

"bullshit."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

          𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐀 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐃 only once in the two hours she had been gone to tell will and eli her and aaron were in bad traffic. will had taken daisy to the room where giancarlo was while eli had stayed with luce to make sure she wouldn't do something crazy.

neither of them had seen melinda and none of the nurses who passed their room would tell them anything.

luce, eli, and will all stayed silent but they were all thinking the same thing. 

when melinda finally came to see them, she looked like she'd aged 50 years. she looked each of her 'kids' in the face before staring up at the ceiling.

"this isn't going to be easy to hear," she said with a voice crack that was so small you wouldn't have been able to hear it if you weren't training to read people like a book. melinda opened her mouth to continue but she was cut off by will, who looked exhausted, angry, and confused all at once.

"how about you cut the bullshit and tell us what's happening" he snapped, looking her dead in the eye.

"sit down," she told him sternly. he didn't move and eli glanced at luce with a nervous look. "sit."

will sat down when she said it a second time and jiggled his left leg nervously.

"lin," luce croaked out but stopped. she didn't want to be the one to ask the obvious question. none of them wanted to be the one.

"is s-she dead?" eli asked when it became clear luce and will weren't going to be the ones to ask.

"no."

luce closed her eyes and leaned back as eli let out a long sigh and will just nodded. the moment was short lived when another question came to mind.

"is she going to die?"

melinda's mouth formed a tight line and she glanced at luce.

"yes."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝐀 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐋𝐎𝐓𝐓𝐈𝐄

i'm tired, i hate this, it sucks, but im too lazy to fix this and i wanna delete this stupid book but it's whatever ig.

this was so uneventful but idc bc im tired, k?

school actually sucks and i wanna die but like the yanks swept the double header yesterday (even though CLAY FUCKING HOLMES loaded the bases in the bottom of the 9th) so yayyyyy!

anywaysss, hope you enjoyed!

comment and vote!

love ya,

- lottie.

published: 9/13/23