xii. heatwave

────────────── ✧༺

𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄,                    𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒘𝒂𝒗𝒆

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙻𝚅𝙴 !

┌────── ⚾ ──────┐
JULY 17, 2019
└────── ⚾ ──────┘

          ❛𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐔𝐂𝐊 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐃𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐑?❜❜ luce asked with her hands on her hips as she walked into the hallway that led to the locker room. she had been expecting to see tyler on the phone with somebody but instead she had been met by most of the team sprawled out on the floor.

"it's the coldest place in this entire fucking building," luke voit panted as he continued to stare at the ceiling.

new york was going through a heatwave, and you would expect the new york yankees to be prepared for such things. they were not.

they had a mandatory practice that none of them could avoid and the AC had gone out all over the stadium.

"steinbrenner's a cheap whore," higgy declared.

"dude, that's her boss," tyler said, flopping his arm over to the side to whack higgy on the head.

"he's our boss too, you moron," aaron snapped.

"speak for yourself," tyler said. "i work for me."

"why don't you guys go to the showers?" luce asked, grabbing a hair tie from her pocket to attempt to put her hair in a bun. she had already changed into a pair of jean shorts and a tank top, but it was still unbearably hot.

"gardy, didi, and gerrit and hogging them," dj told her.

"there are more then three showers," luce pointed out, wiping a thin layer of sweat off of her forehead.