lxvi. always

────────────── ✧༺

𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗,                                                     𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚂𝙸𝚇𝚃𝚈 𝚂𝙸𝚇 !

┌────── ⚾ ──────┐
JUNE 18, 2022
└────── ⚾ ──────┘

          ❛❛𝐇𝐈.❜❜

the two stood awkwardly in the doorway for a few moments, neither one of them knowing what to say. after the night at giancarlo's apartment, aaron had come up with a plan to try and talk to her. he would go over to the house, pretend like he needed to get something from upstairs, tell luce knew what happened and still loved her, and then they would live happily ever after. but as she stood in front of him, her eyes cast downward and her body tense, the speech he practiced so many times seemed pointless.

"it's late," luce said, breaking the silence.

"yeah, um, sorry," he said, scratching the back of his neck as he remembered why he was here in the first place. "i just need to grab something from upstairs, and i'll leave."

he noticed the knife that was on the table beside the door, and she saw the way his eyes flickered towards it. he also noticed that she was wearing an old shirt of his, and she noticed the way his mouth twitched, like he was holding back a smile.

"you can come in," she finally said, her voice soft. he nodded, and stepped inside. he looked around and swallowed the lump in his throat. memories were flooding his mind, and his chest hurt. he walked up the stairs but luce didn't follow, not that he really expected her to.

when he reached their room, the first thing he noticed was that the pieces of her ring that he left on her dresser before he left were gone. that hurt more than he thought it would. but to his surprise, the picture frame that held a photo from their honeymoon was still there. aaron had an arm wrapped around luce's waist, and she was smiling up at him, her face flushed from the sun. he remembered how she yelled at him not too long after that when he showed her the photo because she said she looked awful with her wet, messy hair and wet bathing suit that she claimed made her look fat. he told her she looked beautiful and then when they got back home he framed the photo and put it there just to piss her off. she didn't throw it away, though, and now it was one of his favorite photos of them.