vi. i could be a better boyfriend than him

────────────── ✧༺

𝐒𝐈𝐗,                    𝒊 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒃𝒆 𝒂 𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒃𝒐𝒚𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝒉𝒊𝒎

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚂𝙸𝚇 !

┌────── ⚾ ──────┐
MARCH 1, 2016
└────── ⚾ ──────┘

          ❛❛𝐘'𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖, 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘𝐁𝐎𝐃𝐘'𝐒 𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐘𝐎𝐔.❜❜ 

luce looked up from her beer to meet the emerald green eyes of jemma lewis-fitz. 

"which is why i'm here," luce muttered, waving her arm around the storage room. 

she had nestled herself in a corner with a few bottles of beer, a tissue box, and a blanket. bloody tissues and empty beer bottles were scattered around the floor as luce sat in silence. 

this room was mostly used for storing files, so people did their best to avoid the room, making it a perfect place to hide. luce and jemma had been hanging out in there for years ever since the duo realized nobody would come looking for her there. 

unbeknownst to the two, bobbi knew exactly where their hiding spot was, but, out of the goodness of her heart, she had decided to let them be. she had also walked in on people one too many times to pry.

"how many of these have you had?" jemma asked, kneeling down to the ground and picking up an empty beer bottle. luce scooted over so jemma could sit down beside her and grabbed another beer.

"not enough," luce mumbled.

"you wanna tell me what happened?" jemma asked.

"he cheated on me," she replied, opening the beer with the heel of her boot. 

"alex?" jemma asked quietly. luce nodded, taking another swig of beer. neither woman said anything. they were both waiting for the other to speak.

luce had known alex since middle school. he was nice, funny, and charming. his wardrobe was questionable, but luce thought she could fix that.

things had been going well between the couple until luce had walked in on him with a girl from accounting. 

she was more angry then she was sad. after a shouting match, which she had obviously won, luce had grabbed a pack of beer, a blanket, and a box of tissues, not for tears but for the ward bloody nose, and nestled herself in the corner of her favorite hiding spot.

"are you gonna cry, or something?" jemma said slowly after a few moments of silence. luce shrugged. 

"i don't know. am i?"

"ok," jemma said with a small nod. "well, if it's any consolation, he was too ugly for you anyways." luce chuckled.

"ok, now you sound like bobbi," she said, letting out a breathy laugh. 

"i'm serious," jemma said. "the stupid green shirts everyday, i mean, come on, my grandfather had better style than-" 

luce cut her off by cupping her cheek and pulling her face in close. it was jemma who connected their lips.  

it was something both girls had been thinking about doing as long as they knew each other but because of the fear of being rejected, both had tried to ignore their feelings.

their lips moved in synch as luce gently pressed her up against the wall.

"wait." jemma scooted to the side and placed a hand on luce's knee. "you just got cheated on and-"

"shut up." luce pulled off her shirt and smirked at her. jemma smiled and kissed her again. 

it was at that moment when bobbi may took her feet off her desk switched off the security camera.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝐀 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐋𝐎𝐓𝐓𝐈𝐄

i enjoy writing gay luce very much.

yes, this was rushed (so sorry) and yes, i'm sorry this is like the only thing i update but whatever.

anywaysss, hope you enjoyed!

comment and vote!

lova ya,

- lottie.

published: 4/2/23