15

Shen Xiangyan and Xia Rong took another break before climbing up the mountain. The incense in Foguang Temple is very strong, and there is an endless stream of people who come here every year to burn incense and worship Buddha.

 After entering the main hall, a golden Buddha statue came into view. Seeing Xia Rong kneeling in front of the Buddha statue devoutly offering incense and making a wish, Shen Xiangyan also bowed three times along with him. He has never believed in Buddha, but his situation It is clear that it is to bring the dead back to life, and he cannot tolerate his disbelief.

Kneeling in front of the Buddha statue, Shen Xiangyan sincerely thanked God for giving him this opportunity, allowing him to come back from the dead and find someone in this place who can spend his life with him, but this is enough, he is still the one who only believes in Of course, he would not make any wishes to the Buddha. The most important thing for him was Rong'er, and Rong'er's life's peace and joy would also be given by him.

After burning incense, Xia Rong tugged on the gentleman's sleeve and asked him to wait for him in front of the hall. Shen Xiangyan stood in front of the hall and waited for Xia Rong as promised, but after standing there for a while, he saw an old monk with a benevolent face walking steadily towards him, and saluted with one hand in front of him, "Amitabha." Shen Xiangyan also He saluted the monk back.

"The poor monk's dharma name is very lonely. I see that the benefactor is destined for me. I wonder if I would like to accompany the poor monk to his residence for a cup of tea."

Listening to Shen Xiangyan's words, if it wasn't for this place, he would have thought he had encountered a charlatan, so after thinking about it, he agreed, and followed Master Jinji to his residence, but he didn't forget to leave a person waiting for Zhengjun, so that Xia Rong came back to look for him and couldn't find any worries.

———————

After talking with Xianggong, Xia Rong ran to the temple to fill in some incense money, and begged for a blessing, and then she was satisfied and prepared to go back to find Xianggong, but halfway was stopped by the little girl next to Xia's mother, Xia Rong was heartbroken. He was puzzled, but since his mother sent someone to look for him, it was not easy to refuse.

Seeing Xia Rong and the others approaching, Madam Yu went up to invite them into the room. After entering the room, Mrs. Xia saw that Xia Rong was going to salute her, and personally stepped forward to help him up, "You child, why do you see me like this?" In addition, those who are still saluting with their own mothers, come sit down and talk to mothers."

Faced with Xia's mother who suddenly made a lot of affection, Xia Rong felt a little wary in her heart. His mother had always been very indifferent to him, and she didn't know what to say to him today. He was originally not good at talking in scenes, and now he didn't know how to reply, so he answered "yes" in a low voice and stopped talking.

Mrs. Xia didn't mind his appearance, so she asked Nanny Yu to bring him a cup of tea, and said softly, "Since I let you go to Shen's house, your father and I couldn't sleep well every night. Your first sister is not in good health, and your father and I really dote on her, fearing that she will marry too early and be unfit for her husband's family, that's why I decided to let you wait to marry."

Xia Rong bowed her head and listened to this, her heart skipped a beat, not knowing why her mother suddenly brought up this matter. Mrs. Xia paused and continued, "During this time, your father and I often think about the time we discussed marriage with the Shen family, and we also feel ashamed of the Shen family. Although your father and I are still reluctant, we finally decided to send your sister-in-law Get married, so that your father and I can feel more at ease."