45

Mrs. Li noticed that Xia Rong was a little distracted, and was about to ask him what was wrong, when she heard some movement at the gate of the courtyard, and looked to the location of the sound, it turned out that Mrs. Magistrate had arrived.

Madam Zhixian wore a floral skirt embroidered with four happy wishes in Hunan color. Although she was a woman in her thirties, her appearance did not show any signs of aging at all. In addition, she had a unique gentle temperament for women of this age, making her even more glamorous dignified. 

It's no wonder that even though the magistrate of Ye County has taken in so many concubines and servants, and he likes the new and dislikes the old, he still respects the wife who is being married by the Ming media.

Seeing that Madam Zhixian had arrived, the group of ladies and ladies hurriedly got up to say hello, until Madam Zhixian arrived at the main seat, and then everyone sat down politely and returned to their original places.

Xia Rong noticed that besides a few maids and mothers, there were two young but very handsome servants following Madam Zhixian. 

One of them is Taozhi, who has had a double-sided relationship with him. Looking at Taozhi's current attire, Xia Rong couldn't help but feel a little bit embarrassed, thinking that Taozhi entered the magistrate's mansion, and I don't know if it was voluntary.

Although I didn't have a good impression of Taozhi when we met twice, the first time I said those almost explicit words to his husband-in-law in front of him, and the second time I was offering incense at Foguang Temple, the way Taozhi looked at him made him I feel uncomfortable even thinking about it now. 

But this person was finally reduced to the county magistrate's mansion, but he still sighed in his heart, but he was limited to this, and he didn't think about it other than saying "world affairs make people fool". Although Xia Rong was a bit more innocent, she was not a Holy Mother, and would not be so stupid as to meddle in other people's affairs.

"It's rare that everyone is willing to show your face. It just so happens that the house has changed a new cook a while ago. When the banquet comes, everyone will help me, the master, to taste the cooking skills of this cook." 

When Xia Rong was thinking wildly, the magistrate's wife had already started. It's been a round with everyone.

After the host finished speaking, the banquet officially began, and the carefully cooked dishes were brought up by the servants. The rare thing was that these dishes were still warm, and everyone talked about the dishes one by one. 

Xia Rong also tasted a few mouthfuls, although the taste was not bad, but he was fed by Shen Xiangyan, and he didn't think it was too delicious.

After a while, someone proposed to let the ladies and gentlemen who have not left the court to compete their talents, which can be regarded as adding to the fun of today's orchid appreciation banquet. 

This is also an unwritten rule. Whenever there is such a large-scale banquet, it is a chance for the girls who have not left the cabinet to shine. Of course, this also gives those wives who want to marry their sons a chance. The opportunity to look at the future daughter-in-law in the open.

Naturally, this rule was followed today, and it happened that the magistrate's wife personally organized such an orchid appreciation banquet, and some respectable people in Furong Town were present, so these girls have long been gearing up to go on stage Show off your talents.

Xia Rong took a bite of the dish closest to him from time to time, while seriously watching the talent show of this group of people, which felt quite novel. Before he got married, firstly, Mrs. Xia was not born, and secondly, she didn't know how to please Mrs. Xia. Naturally, Mrs. Xia took Xia to such things.