Injured

Your POV:

Today was the day I've been dreading. Playing against my home country.

Ally did a good job cheering me up. She is a little ball of sunshine.

"Alright girls! Today is the day we've worked so hard for. The Olympic final. Win today and we get gold." I looked at the ground. "Lose today and we get silver. Either way I'm proud of all of you. We had a great time here showing the world what the US Women's National Soccer Team is all about!"

Everyone clapped and continued to get ready.

"Hey." I looked up. "Don't beat yourself up about this." Meghan said to me.

I looked at my jersey. My name on the back of a USA jersey. Everyone thought it would be Italy.

"Ladies I have something to say." Jill started. We all looked at her. "Y/N even though this is gonna be a tough game for you, you're still starting up front."

I nodded.

"Are you gonna sing the Italy anthem?" Kelley asked. Everyone looked at me.

"I don't know." I said.

"I think you should." She continued. She smirked. "You're still Italian no matter what jersey you put on." She shrugged. "Sing it, and sing it loud."

I smiled and nodded. "Andiamo!" I clapped my hands. I got ready for the game and walked out.

No one's POV:

"Welcome to the Olympic final! Today we have the US National Team taking on Italy."

"It will be very interesting to see if Y/N L/N starts in todays game."

"The Italian born striker is playing against her country of birth for the first time. In a USA Jersey."

The two teams walked onto the field. The Italian fans booed you, but you didn't care. They started with the US National Anthem which you sang with pride.

"Please stay standing for the singing of the national anthem of Italy!"

The anthem started.

Ally's POV:

I watched as Y/N sang the Italian anthem. Her teammates watched her with smiles on their faces. After the anthem finished, the all clapped. They shook hands with the Italian team. You could see the tension between Y/N and the team.

Finally it was game time.

No one's POV:

It was the 2nd half. 2-2. Sydney and Christen scoring the 2 goals.

You ran down the field, Morgan had the ball. Finally she kicked it up to you and you could feel a goal coming.

"OH! L/N IS DOWN! L/N IS DOWN! A DIRTY HIT ON L/N AND SHE IS NOT GETTING UP!"

Your POV:

A serious pain in my right knee. I rolled around on the field and banged my fist into the ground. "SHIT!" I yelled.

Alex ran over. "What is it?"

"Knee." I said in pain. The ref and the team called the trainer over. He looked at my knee and I was still in pain.

"We're gonna take you out of the game." He said.

I shook my head. "No. I'm finishing the game. Get me up." I put my hand up.

"We need to check out your knee Y/N." He said. "Thats it. Your game is done."

"GET ME UP!" Alex and Sydney helped my up and I began to stretch my leg out. It hurt like a bitch but my childhood coach would've told me to stop being a little bitch and finish the job.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Tobin asked.

"Positive." My knee started to feel better. The ref gave us a penalty that I wanted to take.

No one's POV:

You looked at the goalkeeper. The ball placed perfectly for the penalty. She was yelling at you. Calling you a dirty traitor. Hoping to throw you off your game.

"COME ON Y/N!" Kelley screamed.

"SHOW THEM WHAT YOU CAN DO!" Ali added.

You took a deep breath and took the shot.

"GOALLLLLL! L/N GIVES THE US A 3-2 LEAD IN THE 85TH MINUTE!!!"

Your POV:

I took off running as soon as the ball hit the net. "LET'S GO!" I yelled. I grabbed the badge on my jersey and kissed it. "USA USA!" I chanted. The team ran and jumped on me.

"Let's finish this!" Abby screamed.