Canada

*Few days later*

Your POV:

France so far has been good. All our families joined as well. Except Carli's.

Our group was us, Canada, Spain and Mexico.

We've played 2 of our 3 matches in the group stage. Winning all of them. We are currently on top of our group with 6 points.

Jake had his last fight and will arrive in a few hours. Tomorrow is our last match of the group stage.

So far I've scored 4 times.

*game day*

No One's POV:

"Welcome to the USA's FINAL match of the group stage. After beating Spain and Mexico they look to win their last group stage match today against Canada."

"Let's now take a look at our starting line up for the U.S." They started. "Meghan Klingenberg, Becky Sauerbrunn, Julie Johnston and Ali Krieger make up the backline defending Hope Solo in goal."

"The US going with a 4-2-2 formation. Tobin Heath, Carli Lloyd, Morgan Brian get the start at mid. Meghan Rapinoe replacing Kelley O'Hara who is getting a rest for today. Up top we have Amy Rodriguez and Y/N L/N."

Your POV:

After pregame warm ups I got called over to do an interview. 

"Y/N with 4 goals so far to what do you own your successful World Cup?"

I thought about it. "Carli Lloyd." I said. Everyone laughed. "I'm so serious. When I first got called up Carli took me under her wing and coached me a bit and made me the play I am today. I owe everything to her. But also this whole team. They've supported me since I was on the U-17 team and now. So I owe it all to Carli and the whole team. Retired and still playing."

"You guys are already into the next round. What are you looking for today?"

"To stay on top and win the group." 

"Thank you and good luck."

I went into the locker room and got my jersey on. Like the last 2 games Carli is once again the captain. We went out and shook hands with the Canadian team and the game began.

Ally's POV:

I watched from the stands this time. Yes I flew all the way to France just to watch Y/N and the team play. 

At the half the US was trailing 2-0. It was a huge shock. I watched Y/N walk off the field with her head down. Hope walked up beside her and started talking to her.

Your POV:

"We're losing the game right now." Jill said. "But I know you girls. You are gonna come out swinging." I kept my head down. "We're gonna get the last 3 points of this group today."

 We went out onto the field and got ready to start the 2nd half.