Free Kick

Your POV: 

Chicago scored first in the 1st half. Press

But we came right back. Kelley scored the equalizer. 

So now at halftime we were both tied at 1.

"Great first half out there." Coach said in the locker room. "We have another 45 minutes to win this. We've got them."

He started working out our plan for the next half.

We went out there with determination in our eyes. We wanted this. 

"RED STARS! RED STARS!" The crowd chanted.

They had the ball and took off as soon as they got it. We cleared it away.

50th minute and it was still tied. "Get inside! Break through." Coach yelled from the sideline. 

I had the ball. I was about to take the shot when I got tackled. No foul. I looked at who it was. "What the hell JJ." I laughed. She helped me up.

"Right now we aren't teammates. You aren't getting passed me L/N." She joked.

"Challenge accepted." I said running back to midfield. 

Press once again had the ball. She took the shot.

Goal.

2-1

"Shit." I said. I lifted my jersey and wiped away some of my sweat. 

"Abs of steel." Press laughed. I rolled my eyes.

It was the 58th minute. We had a corner. I waited for the ball and saw it coming towards me. I headed it in to the back of the net.

"Tied once again." 

Kelley grabbed the ball from the net and ran to midfield. "How you feeling JJ?" I joked.

"You won't do it again." 

The game started up again. 

90th minute. 4 minutes of stoppage time. A draw is better than losing but we wanted those 3 points. 

It was in the 93rd minute when we got a free kick. 

Coach called me over. "You are taking this free kick." He said. I drank some water.

"You sure?"

"I've seen you do it. You work well under pressure and your free kicks are always perfect." He said. "You either get it to someone or score yourself. Take it." He patted my shoulder. I ran back towards the ball and looked at the angle.