Welcome Home

"You thought you got away didn't you."

"Y/N get up."

"You can never get away."

"It's game day come on!"

"You'll never get away from me!"

"I'll dump water on you."

"Everywhere you go, I'll be there."

"Y/N?"

"Your friends can't save you."

"I'M EVERYWHERE!"

"Y/N!"

Your POV:

I shot up in my bed. Kelley was staring at me, looking scared."I made you coffee." She said handing me a cup. "What was that?" She asked.

I took the coffee and tried to catch my breath.

"You're shaking." She said pointing to my hand. She took the hot coffee away from me. "What was it?"

"What?"

"Your dream? What was it." I looked down.

"You already know what it was Kel." I sighed.

"You should really see someone. I know you've talked to Hope about it but you're still hiding stuff. Stuff that isn't letting you move on from it."

I looked at her. "We can do that later. It's our first home game back."

Last week Sky Blue played Seattle in Seattle. We lost by a goal but it we were welcomed with loud cheers. 

Today was our first home game back and we were both starting. 

We drove to the field and went into the locker room.

"USWNT news. Many players announcing retirement from the team. Hope Solo, Lori Chalupny, Becky Sauerbrunn, Ali Krieger, Ashlyn Harris, Heather O'Reilly, Carli Lloyd, and Megan Rapinoe all confirming they are retiring."

"I knew Hope was but everyone else?" I asked Kelley.

"I guess so." She shrugged.

"Are you gonna?"

"I'm only 31. I'm not hanging my cleats up anytime soon." She laughed putting her training jersey on.

We went onto the field and warmed up. Fans started to show up and warmups ended. We got ready for the game, I had the captains armband. We walked out onto the field and they announced the lineups for FC Kansas City.

They started our lineup. "Forward number 19 Kelley O'Hara!" The fans screamed for her. "And Forward number 5 your captain Y/N L/N!" I waved to the fans and they screamed.

"We want to welcome home World Cup champions from FC Kansas City Amy Rodriguez, Heather O'Reilly and Becky Sauerbrunn." They walked forward. Me and Kelley walked forward to join them.

"Nice to see you again." Amy smiled. I gave her a small hug.

"Your 2019 World Cup champions from Sky Blue FC! Kelley O'Hara! And winner of the Best Young Player and Golden Boot awards, Y/N L/N!" 

They gave me a microphone. "What's up New Jersey!" I smiled. "It's great to be back home in the states, in Jersey. Thank you guys so much for supporting us from the start of the tournament to the end! The 4th star is for you! Now we're gonna try to bring home an NWSL title next how's that sound?" They screamed. 

I gave the mic back and we ran back to our teams.

We played our first home game. Kelley scored twice and so did I. A-Rod and HAO both scored and we ended up winning 4-3. 

Amy hugged me after the game. "Are you gonna retire?" I asked her as we walked towards the locker room. 

She looked at me. "Yeah I am. It's been a great time on the team but I want to spend more time with Ryan."

I smiled. "Well it has been an honor to play with you." I hugged her. "Ready for this victory tour?"

"Born ready."

We went into our teams locker rooms and then out to meet fans.

It's great to be home, but I miss my team.

I'm crying at the thought of all those players retiring! GOTTA ZAYN!