Staying Healthy

Your POV:

I went back to Paris shortly after the friendly against Germany. My leg was still in a cast. The doctor said that everything looks good so far, but by the time I get the cast off. My time here will be over. Since I only brought some clothes with me to Paris I didn't have anything that I needed to send home. 

*end of 6 months*

Finally I'm going home. My time in Paris has been great but I miss my friends and family. 

I slept the whole flight and the girls greeted me at the airport.

"Y/N!" Dinah ran to me. I had my backpack on and my crutches in my hands. "Here let me help." She said. She picked me up and held me over her shoulder.

"Ok." I laughed. "This works too."

When we got to the rest of the girls, she put me down. "Hey babe." Ally hugged me. 

"Hey." I kissed her forehead. I greeted the rest of the girls and we walked to get my 3 suitcases. 

"I hope you got up presents." Normani joked.

"I actually did." I smiled.

"You are so adorable." Normani said pinching my cheeks.

Lauren started laughing.

"What you laughing at Jauregui?" I looked at her.

She froze. "Nothing. Good to have you have home buddy." 

Camila hugged me from the side. "Hi."

"Hey." I laughed.

We got my luggage and went to the car. They drove me to my house and helped me inside.

At the doctors the next morning I was able to get my cast off and start rehab. 

After another month I was cleared to start training with the team again. 

"Welcome back to Washington!" Ashlyn said when I walked into the locker room. I laughed and hugged her.

"Good to be back."

The coach walked in. "L/N! Welcome back. You ready to go?"

"I feel good. Doctors said I'm all good." I nodded.

"Great. Everyone suit up let's go."

We practiced for hours. It felt good to be on the field with my team again. Before I knew it I was playing my first game for Washington. 

"We're joined now by rising soccer star Y/N L/N who just returned from a 6 month loan to Paris. Welcome back to the states." 

"Good to be back."

"First you only played about 3 and a half months for PSG. You broke your leg during an international friendly against Germany. How are you doing now?"

"I feel great. My leg is all fine. I did rehab, listened to the great team of doctors I had and just focused on being back on that field."

"Your US teammate Kelley O'Hara also got hurt that game. She was a little bit worse than you. Can you update us on her injury?"

"Um she had a mild concussion and also a broken leg. She was worse than me because of her head but right now she's doing great. She's in rehab right now and for what she has told me they expect her to be back in about a month."

"With the World Cup less than 2 years away. What are you focusing on right now?"

"Just staying healthy. That's my main thing." I cleared my throat. "Staying healthy and making sure I'm giving each game, club and international 100%."

"Well good luck tonight and good to have you back."

"Thanks." I smiled and walked away. 

Everything for the game was good. I was in the starting lineup for the first time. 

Let's go Washington.