Hard Work

Your POV:

We all sat down and got water. Jill was talking to us. 

"How you doing kid?" Carli asked sitting next to me. 

I drank water and gave her a thumbs up. "We have 30 minutes!" Jill said. "30 minutes to decide if we're gonna become champions the easy way or hard way." 

I looked at my cleats. "I don't know about you guys but I'm not ready to give up." I said. "We don't let them through anymore."

Hope nodded. "Department of defense it's go time." Julie and Kling smirked.

Becky nodded.

"This Championship is ours! I didn't leave home to get 2nd place! Or to have OUR hard work be decided on penalties!" I stood up. "Let's go out there and show them what the US does."

We all got together. My eyes met Ally's in the crowd. I saw my mom and siblings next to her. All our families were watching.

Oh and Sydney.

I looked at all of them and the ref blew the whistle. Germany had the ball for the first half. 

The department of defense stopped them and passed it to me. I ran to the corner and waited. The German player kicked it out and we got a corner out of it. Megan ran over to take it. Julie jumped up for the header and scored.

"Goal in the 94th minute scored by Julie Johnston. USA leads 14-13."

Julie got high fives and hugs. It didn't stop there. We had to play all of the extra time. 

Germany scored and tied it. They scored again and took the lead 15-14. The first 15 minutes ended and we got water before getting ready to start again.

Tobin scored and tied it. 

In the 110th minute we all started to feel the effects of playing for so long. I looked back up at our families, then at the American Outlaws.

"Come on! Wake up!" I started clapping. "Let's go! What did I say! We aren't gonna let our hard work be decided by PKs!" 

Megan started jumping up and down. 

Morgan went to score and got taken down in the box. She wasn't moving. 

The trainers came out right away, because it was a head injury. 

"MOE!" I ran over and kneeled beside her. She was bleeding. The trainers got her out and Kristie came in. 

We were awarded with a PK. "What happened to not letting our work be decided by PKs." Kristie joked.

"This is for Moe." I said. 

I took the shot and it went in. We took the lead. I grabbed the ball and ran to midfield.

"Close it out." I said to the defenders."