The New 23

Your POV:

We won the Algarve Cup. Right now we were waiting to get the call that said we were on the World Cup roster.

1 by one everyone started to text that they were in.

Our goalkeepers are Hope, Ashlyn and Alyssa. Just like last time.

Defenders are Crystal, Lori, Becky, Ali, Whitney, Kelley, Meghan and Julie.

Midfielders are HAO, Carli, Krisite, Sam (Mewis), Megan, Tobin and Morgan.

Alex came back after having her baby and played great. So not surprisingly she was on the squad.

Joining her as our forwards is Press and Sydney. 

There were two spots left and I was still waiting for my call.

*2 days later*

New Text! A-ROD

Just got the call! I'm going to France!

I texted her congrats but still felt a little worried.

"What's wrong?" My mom asked. We were all together to celebrate my birthday.

"There's one spot left on the team. What if I don't get it." I said.

"Don't think like that right now. Keep your head up and stay positive." She smiled and went back to cooking dinner. "I know you'll get it."

I leaned back on the couch. 

My mom invited some of my friends from high school and we were having a party. Even though I was 21 now, I wasn't drinking just incase I got the call.

"Y/N!" My mom called me. "There's someone here to see you." I turned around. The whole team and Jill were in my house.

"First happy birthday." Jill said. 

"Thanks." I said. I finished greeting the team.

"I was gonna call you but I thought what better way to tell her this than in person and on her birthday." Jill started. "Congratulations you made the World Cup roster." She finished with a smile.

"WHAT!" I yelled.

"WE'RE GOING TO FRANCE!" Kelley and Sydney jumped on me. We all hugged and screamed. 

I looked at my mom who had a huge smile on her face. "You knew about this!" I said to her. 

"And I just knew that you would probably make it. You are going to play in the World Cup." She kissed my cheek. "I'm so proud of you." She hugged me.

All over the news last night was the roster for the 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup. They trended World Wide and everyone couldn't wait.

I sat in my bed that night on Twitter. All fans of the USWNT tweeting me congrats and how excited they were to see me play. 

I decided to tweet something. 

Thank you guys for all your sweet messages. I'm so excited to go to France represent the USA! Hopefully we can get a 4th star!! #USA

On my phone I had a text from Jake. He told me how happy and proud he was. 

I was about to go to sleep when I saw a new tweet from Ally.

So proud of you. Knew you could do it.

I smiled and locked my phone. 

Best birthday ever.

I was gonna go to bed and publish this tomorrow but you guys wanted it so here it is. Enjoy! I will update tomorrow. For now goodnight.