Prove It

Your POV:

The season so far has been good. I've scored 10 goals. Me and Kelley both got cleared to start training with the national team again and are gonna try for the Olympics.

Ally has been in New York for a few weeks doing interviews and appearances. She doesn't know my schedule but we are playing the Western New York Flash in a few days and will have some time off. With the help of the other Fifth Harmony girls, I'm gonna surprise her!

"L/N!" The coach called me into his office. I got up and walked in.

"Yes sir." I said.

"Take a seat." He said. I sat down and looked at him. "How are you doing?"

"I'm doing great? How are you doing?"

"Fantastic. Except for one thing." He said. "You."

I looked at him confused. "What's wrong with me?"

"Don't get me wrong you are a great player but" He thought about his words. "that temper of yours. You've racked up quite a few cards. Even been suspended twice." He stood up. "I love having you on this team. You've scored great goals for us. Helped us win and climb to the top of the table."

I nodded. "What do you need me to do?"

"Control yourself. Prove to me that you can be an aggressive player on the field without picking fights and getting called for it and we can work something out. Get in anymore trouble and you're time here is done." He said seriously. "Understand?"

"100%." I said.

"Perfect. Now get ready cause this game right here is gonna be the most important of your NWSL career." He said sitting back down. "Don't disappoint me."

"I won't." I said and left.

That night I packed my bags and got ready to leave.

The trip to New York was exciting but I couldn't get my mind off what the coach said to me.

Yeah I've gotten a few cards but that happens with a lot of players. Why is he picking on me?

"What's on your mind?" Ashlyn sat next to me.

"Nothing." I said turning away from her.

"Are you 18 or 6? Come on talk to me." She rubbed my arm. "You know you want to."

I smiled. "I'm 19 Ash. I turned 19 while I was in Paris." I mumbled.

"Well after this we are gonna have to celebrate!"

"You can. I'm still not legal to drink in this country."

"We can have a great time without drinking." She smiled. "But you have to talk to me first."

"Fine." I sighed. "Coach doesn't like all the cards I've gotten. Or the suspensions."

"Everyone gets cards. And you got suspended twice." She said. "What's wrong with that?"

"He said I need to control my temper. If I don't prove to him this game that I can be civil but still aggressive without getting called I'm done."

"What do you mean done?" She asked.

"I don't know! All he said was to prove to him I can do it and we can work something out."

"So what are you gonna do?"

"Play how I always do. Aggressive."

"Good cause I can't picture you not being an aggressive forward." She laughed.