Home

After we wrapped up with both parades we all got ready to return home to our clubs. I was a little scared about going back to New Jersey.

At the airport we were all ready to depart.

"I'm gonna miss not seeing you everyday." Meghan said hugging me. "Stay safe."

I nodded. "I will. I'll see you when Sky Blue plays the Dash." I winked. "Get ready to lose Kling."

She laughed then got serious. "You're going down."

"I'm yelling timber!" Megan came over and hugged me as well.

When we all finished saying bye to each other they boarded their flights. Me and Kelley were getting ready to leave.

"Hey." I looked at Hope. "Let me talk to you for a minute."

I walked over to her. "I'll be back Kel." She didn't look up from her phone and gave me a thumbs up.

"I look at you like a younger sibling." She looked down and laughed. "That was my last World Cup. Actually it was a last for a lot of us. I've won it twice, gotten gold medals, broken records. I've also watched the next generation of US Women's soccer grow right in front of my eyes." She looked me in the eyes.

"Everything that happened in France was scary. Seeing how tough you were throughout the whole thing I know that you're gonna lead this new generation. This generation are gonna forget about the Abby Wambach's and Christie Rampone's. Their gonna look up to the Y/N L/N's and the Morgan Brian's."

I nodded.

"It's a lot of pressure to be a role model to young female athletes, young girls in general, but seeing how you've grow from that 13 year old that came to watch the senior team train one day to the girl you are now." She smiled. "I'm so incredibly proud of you."

"I still remember that day." I smiled.

*flashback*

"Girls welcome to the US Women's National Soccer Team training camp." Our coach said.

"Wow look Christie Rampone."

"Hope Solo is walking over to us!" My teammate jumped up and down.

"Hi." She waved. "I'm Hope." The team introduced themselves. I stayed quiet. My teammates ran over to watch the practice and I stayed where I was. "What's your name?"

I looked up at her. "She doesn't speak much English." My coach said. "Moved here a few months ago from Italy."

"My name is Y/N." I said. "I'm 13."

"What position do you play?" She asked.

"I'm a forward." I smiled.

"You score a lot of goals?"

I nodded. "She's fast too." My coach laughed. "Fastest on the team."

"Come show me just how good you are." Hope said. She ran to her goal and threw some soccer balls around the field. "Let's see if you can score on me." She smiled.

I got nervous. A few months ago I watched her on TV, now I was gonna show her how good of a player I was?

I took the ball and remember what my mom said. "One day they might be your teammates."

I ran towards her and used my skills to confuse her. I kicked the ball up into the top left corner and stopped right there.

There was clapping behind me. Abby Wambach. "Great shot kid. Keep that up and we might be on the same team one day." She patted me on the back and got back to her practice.

Hope walked me back to the team and we got ready to leave. "Well looks like you are really good. Promise me something." She kneeled down to my height.

I nodded.

"Promise me that you'll continue to work hard. I want to see you on this field with me in a few years, wearing this crest on your jersey. Think you can do that?" She smiled.

"Yeah. We'll win championships together!" I smiled.

"I'll see you in a few years then kid. Make me proud." She got up and went back to practice.

I ran back to my team and never forget that promise.

*end of flashback*

"You kept your promise." She smiled. Her flight was finally called and she hugged me. "Continue to make me proud alright?"

I nodded. "Anything for you, Hope."

"Take care of her." She said to Ally who walked up behind me.

"With my life." Ally wrapped her arms around me.

She waved bye to Kelley and boarded her plane.

Me, Kelley, and Ally went back to jersey.

"We're going home." I said kissing Ally's cheek.

"What no kiss for me?" Kelley joked.

I laughed and kissed her cheek too. "Love ya Kelley!"

"Ew gross I didn't actually want you to touch me."

Cute little moment with Hope!!! Also

HAPPY 27TH BIRTHDAY TO MY ALL TIME FAVORITE SQUIRREL KELLEY MAUREEN O'HARA!!! My favorite player and athlete. Look up to her so much and I'm laughing cause she may be 27 but she's a literal child.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter and theres a few more!!

Sorry for skipping the parades but I had this cute airport moment in my head and had nothing for the parades.

BYE!