LIV: ms. lee

"Chunhei, my love, it's time to get up," I gently shake the sleeping girl awake. 

After a long and relaxing winter break, classes are finally back in session. Last night, after much convincing, Yoongi and I got Chunhei to sleep early to ensure that she wasn't grumpy in the morning. We also had her pack her backpack and choose an outfit to wear so that in the morning, her routine would be quick to complete. 

Unfortunately, just like her father, Chunhei was not happy to be woken up so early. 

"Chunnie," I try again after my first attempt did not wake her. 

"Five more minutes, mummy," She pouts, turning the other way.

"Honey, I gave you five more minutes already," I reason, "C'mon. I made pancakes for you!"

"Mummy, noooo," She whines, trying to pull the blanket over her head.

"Min Chunhei," Yoongi walks in, also ready to head to work, "I want you out of that bed in 30 seconds please. You and mummy have to be in the car in 45 minutes. Let's get moving, kitten."

Chunhei whines before sitting up, rubbing her eyes tiredly and her lips set in her signature Min pout. 

"Good girl, thank you," Yoongi smiles, walking over to place a kiss on the top of her head, "Let's brush our teeth and get dressed. We'll meet you in the kitchen."

"Can mummy help me get dressed?"

"Of course, sweetie," I nod, shooing Yoongi out of the room.

"But I wanted to get some time with you before I go to the studio," Yoongi pouts, "Chunnie, you see her all day at school!"

I laugh as the father and daughter playfully fight about who is going to spend time with me before Chunhei finally backs down.

"Fine," She huffs playfully at her father, "You're right, daddy. I'll be with mummy all day." 

"Remember, honey," Yoongi reminds her for the 100th time, "In the classroom-"

"She is Ms. Lee. Mummy is only mummy at home," Chunhei completes for her father, making both of us giggle at her. 

"Good girl," I kiss her on the forehead, "Now, go on and get dressed and we'll meet you in the kitchen." 

Chunhei makes her way to the bathroom as Yoongi and I walk to the kitchen. I go back to packing Chunhei's lunch and snacks as Yoongi wraps his arm around my waist, engulfing me in a back hug. 

"I'm gonna miss my girls," Yoongi mumbles with his head buried into the crook of my neck, "I hope I don't have to stay too late. I should be back by dinner, love."

"We'll wait for you, Producer Min," I reassure him, leaning down to place a kiss on his head from where it was buried in the crook of my neck, "Don't worry too much, Yoongs. Hobi and Joon will be there too, right?" 

"Mhmm," Yoongi confirms, "We have a meeting with the creative directors today. Writing begins tomorrow." 

"I'm sure you've got some songs pre-written to offer them," I try to make him feel better.

"Yeah, I just hope it fits their concept. That'd make things so much easier." 

"I'm ready!" Chunhei runs in before our conversation can continue.

"Hi, pretty girl," Yoongi detaches from me to give his daughter a hug, "You look beautiful today." 

"Thank you, daddy!" Chunhei presses a kiss to her dad's cheek as he lifts her up to sit on the kitchen stool.

"Pancakes, eggs, and strawberries for my love," I slide over Chunhei's breakfast, "Milk or orange juice?" 

"Juice please!