LV: set the table

"Mummy!" Noah cheers as his mom walks into the room.

Sora comes over and tickles Chunhei before scooping Noah up into her arms. 

"You're getting too big for this, Noah," Sora jokes, pretending to struggle to hold her son.

Noah shakes his head furiously, convincing his mom that he could still be carried despite having genes that have made him quite tall already. 

"How are my favorite Mins," Sora winks in my direction, making my cheeks warm up, "Hi, Chunnie, you're quiet today."

"Seojoon's gonna have a baby brother or sister," Chunhei finally speaks up after a while, "He told us today."

"Wow! That's amazing," Sora smiles at her, putting Noah down and squatting down to be Chunhei's height, "I hope you told him that you were happy for him and his mummy."

"Auntie Sora?" 

"Yes, sweetie?"

"Are you gonna give Noah a baby brother or sister soon?"

"Chunhei," I call out, trying to end her questioning, but Sora shoots me a reassuring look.

"Well, Chunnie," Sora starts, properly sitting cross-legged on the floor of the classroom, "Things like that take a lot of time and planning. I'd love to give Noah a baby brother or sister, but Auntie Sora and Uncle Jin are working on other things. We don't want to do something that we aren't ready for. Are you also wondering about your mummy and daddy?"

Chunhei nods, a pout forming on her lips.

"Y'know, when mummy and daddy give you a baby brother or sister, you'll have to share your cuddles," Sora teases, poking at Chunhei's tummy, "And your kisses! I don't know about you but I wouldn't wanna share that just yet, right princess?"

"Oh yeah..." Chunhei starts to understand her auntie's words, "You're right, auntie Sora. I like having mummy and daddy to myself. Little brother or sister can wait."

"Exactly!" Sora claps her hands together as she gets up from the floor, "Now, Noah and I should get going. We wouldn't wanna take away your bonding time with your mummy." 

Chunhei gets up from the beanbag and gives Noah and Sora hugs. Sora walks over to me as the best friends help each other with their school bags. 

"Thank you," I whisper as she pulls me into a hug.

"Always, babe," She responds, "But, maybe it is time for another baby Min."

I jokingly hit her as we let go making her laugh. Sora and Noah wave one last time before exiting the classroom. I pick up my bags and phone before walking over to Chunhei. I squat down to her height and pull her into a hug.

"I'm sorry, mummy."

"There is nothing to be sorry about, love bug," I reassure her, pressing a kiss to her cheeks, "You were curious and respectfully asked your questions. There is nothing to be sorry about."

"I don't want a little brother or sister yet."

I laugh and nod at her, "Noted. Let's head home, my love. I bet you're tired."

We load up all our stuff in the car before a call from Yoongi comes through. I make sure Chunhei is securely fastened in her seat before getting into the driver's seat and pressing accept. 

"Baby?" Yoongi's tired voice rings throughout the car. 

"Daddy?" Chunhei pipes up from the backseat. 

"Hi, baby," I smile at the man on my screen, adjusting so that Chunhei could also be seen, "Chunnie can hear you too. Everything ok?"

"It's been a long day," The fatigue is evident in his voice and his face, "Are you two headed home?"