LXII: yucky

the next morning

I groan as I pull the covers tighter around my body. I lay still with my eyes closed for a few seconds before reaching an arm out to feel for Yoongi, who I was expecting to still be asleep next to me.

Unfortunately, the space next to me was empty and cold with no sight of Yoongi. 

"I thought he wasn't going to the studio today," I frown as I reach to my right and grab my phone from my bedside table.

I squint as my phone's brightness shines into my half-closed eyes and sigh when I see no texts from Yoongi. I toss the covers off of myself and stretch my arms before placing a hand on my stomach. 

After taking the tests last night, I knew that I wanted to get further testing with a doctor in order to full confirm my pregnancy, but despite that, I still can't resist feeling my belly and smiling at the thought of the tiny human developing in there. 

As I sit up and lean against the headboard, my phone chimes signaling a text message. I pick my phone back up and see a few texts from Sora. 

S: good morning, mama! 

S: just spoke with Dr. Yoon! she said she's free this coming Friday in the afternoon. you can go after school!

S: i can ask Jin to watch the kiddos and tell him you're going to your yearly check up.

S: and if you don't mind...can I come? pleeeease!!

YN: hi, Sora!! 

YN: thank you thank you thank you!! Friday is perfect! 

YN: yes to Jin watching the kids and yes of course you can come! you've been so helpful and i can't even express how thankful i am for you!!

YN: i may also ask Yoongi if he's free to watch the kids on Friday! his schedule seems to be clearing up now!

S: yay!! ok, mama, just let me know and we can work something out! if you guys are coming to get Yoongi's car today, let me know and i can make you some muffins!

YN: yes we definitely will! see you later today, Sora!!

After texting Sora, I realize that I slept in longer than I usually do so I get up and make my way to check on Chunhei. I make my way out of our bedroom and stop as I smell food. I pause for a second before peering into Chunhei's bedroom to see it empty with her bed already made.

"Chunnie?" I call out, wondering where my girl was, "Chunhei!" 

"In the kitchen, mummy!" I hear her call out, "I'm with daddy!"

I smile as I realize what was going on. I walk a bit fast and as I reach the end of the hall, I see Yoongi with his back turned away from me, an apron adorning his frame as he makes breakfast, and Chunhei sitting patiently at the counter, legs swinging back and forth. 

"Good morning, mummy!" Chunhei flashes her gummy smile at me as I give her a side hug and a kiss on her forehead, "Daddy's making pancakes!" 

"I can smell," I smile, walking over to Yoongi, who was flashing the same smile with his arms wide open. 

"Hi, baby," He greets, pulling me tightly into his embrace, "Sleep well?"

"Like a baby," my answer comes out muffled as I bury my head into his chest and take in his warmth that I haven't been able to feel for a while now, "I was looking for you though."

"I'm sorry," His chest vibrates as he giggles, "I was going to wake you up so we could make breakfast but you just looked so peaceful."

"You did the right thing," I laugh and lift my head up from his chest to meet his gaze.

"I did," He leans down to meet my lips in a short peck, "You look well rested today."

"I feel much better," I confirm, leaning up to place another kiss on his lips.

"Yucky!" Chunhei gags from her place at the counter, "Daddy! Are my pancakes burning!" 

"There's nothing on the stove, princess," Yoongi reassures after letting go of me to walk over to Chunhei, "And what is yucky?"

"You and mummy!" Chunhei jokes, "You guys were kissing!!"

"What do you mean?" Yoongi inches closer to her, "We kiss you all the time too?"

"Yeah, but-" Chunhei doesn't finish her sentence as Yoongi scoops her up into his arms, peppering her face with kisses. 

"Daddy! Stop!" Chunhei laughs loudly as Yoongi continues to attack her with kisses, "It tickles!"

"Noooo!" Yoongi protests, continuing his kisses, "Is this yucky, Chunnie!"

"It is!" Chunhei giggles and I stand on the other side watching the father-daughter duo mess around. A sight I haven't seen in a while.

My thoughts are interrupted by my phone ringing. I pick it up to see Namjoon's contact and quickly pick up.

"Hi, Joon!"

"YN! Hi! I hope I'm not calling at the wrong time, but somethings wrong with my car and I have to bring it to the shop," He quickly explains, "I usually bring Haru with me, but this seems like it's gonna be a long repair."

"Oh no," I reply once he explains the situation, "We can take Haru for the day! We were gonna go out so she can come with while you're getting the car fixed."

"Really? Ah, thank you so much, YN!" Namjoon exclaims, "I'm so sorry it's such short notice."

"It's absolutely no problem, Joon! Do you need us to come and pick Haru up?"

"No no! Your apartment is on the way to the shop so I can drop her off. We should be there in 10-15 minutes!"

"Ok! We'll be here! Drive safe and see you soon!"

I end the call after Namjoon says bye and turn to Yoongi who was already smiling at me, "Do we have two babies today?!"

"Yes we do!" I confirm, smiling at him, "Joon's taking his car to the shop so Haru will be with us today."

"YAY!!!" Chunhei cheers as she hears about Haru coming over, "It's gonna be so fun today!" 

"It will be!" Yoongi cheers too, walking back over to the stove, "Welp I should finish these pancakes though so they'll be done by the time Haru gets here!" 

not proofread

a/n: an update! i just finished one of my most brutal finals weeks i've ever experienced which explains why i did not update last week (im so sorry!!) my finals week was basically two weeks of projects, presentations, and essays so i was so swamped with work and barely had time to write :( i've also been feeling super burnt out recently so i didn't want to force myself to update.

but! luckily, i made it through!! i've completed the semester so i'm freee! i'm super excited to get this plot moving along so be expecting some interesting chapters! i know this chapter was mostly filler, but dont worry! we will get some action in the next chapters! thank you guys so much for waiting and checking up on me! i hope you enjoyed this chapter!