LVII: girls night

"Will be staying late at the studio :( You and Chunnie can have dinner without me. I miss and love you both! Can't wait to come home <3," Yoongi's text says when I go to check my phone before dismissal.

The first week back had been hectic, but the students and I have readjusted to our schedule and everything was back to normal. I make a mental note to respond to Yoongi's text before shutting my phone off and making my way to the front of the classroom.

"Ok, everyone!" I clap my hands three times to catch the students' attention, "It's almost time to go home. Please put away your work and pack up your things. Don't forget to clean up around your area, too!" 

The kids begin cleaning up their area and I walk around the classroom to help pick up trash from the day. After a few minutes, the classroom has been put back in order and everyone is packed up and waiting in a line by the door. 

"Before we head out, remember that we have a spelling test on Monday. You've got your spelling list so make sure you practice with an adult this weekend to prepare for Monday!"

"Yes, Ms. Lee!" The kids simultaneously agree, giddy at the thought of the weekend. 

"Thank you! Now, let's head on out!" 

a few minutes later

"I'm so sorry, Ms. Lee!" Seojoon's mother apologizes as she rushes over, "I was at an appointment and it took longer than expected!"

"No worries at all, Mrs. Park," I reassure the woman as she holds Seojoon's hand, "Seojoon was waiting patiently and he did not have any issues waiting for you. Please don't feel rushed!"

Mrs. Park smiles in reply as she places her other hand on her belly. A small bump was already noticeable through her shirt, "Thank you so much, Ms. Lee. My husband couldn't pick Seojoon up so I had to rush here after my appointment." 

"Well I hope everything went fine at your appointment."

"Everything is perfect!" She smiles, rubbing her belly, "Baby is happy and healthy and excited to meet Seojoonie!" 

After talking with Seojoon's mom for a few more minutes, they finally leave with a wave. I walk back over to the bench and see Chunhei and Noah engrossed in a serious game of rock, paper, scissors.

I sit down next to Chunhei and pull out my phone, pulling up my conversation with Yoongi. 

"Mannn :(( we miss you, Yoongs! don't work too hard, my love. we'll leave some food out for you to eat once you get home. do you know how long you'll be there?" 

"Here I am!!" A familiar voice shakes me out of my thoughts. 

I put my phone down and am met with a smiling Sora walking over, "Hello, my babies!!" 

I laugh as she addresses all of us as "her babies" 

"Hi, Sora," I laugh, going in for a hug. 

"Hello, beautiful," She greets back, giving my back a few reassuring rubs, "First week back is done! You killed it, girl!!" 

I shake my head as she hugs the two kids, "It was ok. I'm just happy it's Friday."

"Same here! I'm so tired," She huffs, "Hey, I heard Yoongi and the guys are stuck at the studio. Jin is also stuck at his restaurant sooo I was thinking we have a girls and Noah night!" 

"Oh yes!! Yes, please mummy can we have that?" 

"Please auntie YN!!!" 

The two kids beg as they hear the plans. With Yoongi at the studio and Jin at his restaurant, I figured it'd be best to spend the night with Sora and Noah. I nod my head as we head back to the classroom to collect mine and Chunhei's things.

The kids cheer as they run ahead to the room. 

"That new assignment is kicking the guys' asses," Sora huffs, rubbing my back again, "Their company really wants this group to work out."

"Yeah.." I frown, "Yoongi's been so busy all week and every night he comes home looking so exhausted." 

"I'm sure coming home to his two girls is great stress relief though."

"He says it is," I smile, "I just hope it's over soon."

Sora nods before smiling, "Enough talk about our husbands! It's girl's night! We should be figuring out what we're gonna eat for dinner!"

"Yoongi isn't my husband!" 

"Yet!" Sora winks, "So, shall we just order delivery to the Min apartment?" 

"Sounds perfect!" 

*not proofread

a/n: hi everyone. I know I said I'd not update just on Thursday, but I decided to take  the weekend off to just to just, honestly, be sad. I think I've struggled with letting myself feel my own feelings for a while now, but with everything that has happened recently, I really needed to just slow down and let myself cry, sleep, and rest. I wanted to give you guys a short update, though, because I didn't want to leave y'all hanging for too long.

I've got another main plot brewing but I've been writing filler chapters recently to put some time between the events. I'll most likely be moving the story along more this coming week so please look forward to this upcoming weekend's updates. 

qotd: how are you doing? it's quite a simple question, but I'd love to hear how you guys are doing, especially because of what has happened. 

my answer: I'm ok! I was really sad this weekend and also felt quite empty. there's been a lot of things happening recently that have contributed to these feelings and the recent news of Bin just became the catalyst for a breakdown. I did spend this weekend letting a lot of that go through sleeping and crying, so I'm ready to go into this week refreshed and ready to go. 

I hope you guys are doing well. again, thank you always for your support and comments. they mean the world to me. I come on here when I'm sad and just read through your comments and conversations y'all have in the comments and it brightens my day.