I: little devils

6am

*beep beep beep*

My dreams of beaches and mimosas were rudely interrupted by the horrid screaming of my alarm clock. I slowly extend my arm from under the mountain of blankets and repeatedly slam the alarm clock to quiet it down. I consider pressing the snooze button and returning to dreamland until I realize what day it is.

"It's my first day of work," I haphazardly throw the duvet off my body and rush into the shower.

15 minutes later, I'm showered, dressed, and gathering my stuff. I quickly grab my water bottle and a muffin from the kitchen counter and run out the door. It's my first day of teaching! My stomach rumbles in nervousness, and probably hunger, as I drive to work.

6:45am

"Welcome to your first official teaching day, Ms. Lee," Principal Choi softly speaks as she enters my classroom, "I'm so glad to have you on board as our newest 2nd grade teacher! I'm excited to see how well you teach!"

"Thank you, Principal Choi! I'm so thankful you accepted me to teach here. I have to admit, I'm a bit nervous. What if I mess up on my first day?" I nervously reply as I finish putting up some last minute decorations to my classroom.

"You'll do amazing, YN! You graduated top of your class. Now, just a reminder, class begins at 8am, but students will usually be dropped off by their parents starting 7:30. Dismissal is at 2pm but expect some students to be picked up a bit later. You'll be fine, Ms. Lee. Have a great first day!" Principal Choi waves as she exits my classroom.

I huff and stand at the front of my classroom. I take a quick glance around the room and make sure I didn't forget to put anything up or leave any mess behind. Once I'm satisfied, I head over to my desk in the back of the classroom and take a seat.

"You've got this, YN. You studied hard for 4 years and you've finally gotten your dream job. Let's do this!" I whisper encouragingly to myself as I  unwrap the muffin I  brought from home.

7:55am

"Thank you! I'll see you this afternoon," I wave goodbye to a parent as they drop their child off.

I glance inside my classroom and see that almost all the seats are filled up with bouncing, excited children. I chuckle to myself as I stand at the door of my classroom and wait for any last minute  students.

"Daddy! Hurry up!! I want to get a good seat. You know I like sitting in the front," I hear a tiny voice yell and tiny footsteps stop in front of my classroom.

"Hi!! I'm Min Chunhei. Are you my teacher? You're really pretty," The little girl dressed in black jeans and a white oversized hoodie asks, slightly out of breath

"Hi, Sweetie! Yes, I'm your teacher! Come on in and choose any open seat." I confirm as I look down at my list of students and spot her name.

"Chunhei!! Wait for me! I want to sit next to you!!" Another voice yells as a little boy runs past me and into the seat next to Chunhei.

"Min Chunhei!" I hear a soft voice call out to the little girl now happily taking out her supplies and laying them out on her desk.

"Yah! Noah!!" A louder voice screams after the previous voice.

I turn my head away from the two new additions to my classroom and see two tall men panting by my classroom door.

"I'm so sorry! Both of them ran away as soon as they saw each other. I hope we aren't too late," the shorter one of the pair says, still trying to catch his breath. 

"Chunhei and Noah, get over here!" The other man calls the kids over. Both children giggle to each other and come running up to the door. 

"It's no problem! They didn't cause too much of a ruckus," I softly laugh and reassure both men, assuming they were their fathers. 

"I'm Kim Seokjin and this is Min Yoongi, we own those two rascals," The taller man introduces himself and the man standing next to him while playfully glaring at Noah and Chunhei. Your gaze wanders back and forth between the two men. 

Yoongi, clad in all black and a gray coat, seems to be the more reserved one of the pair. You noticed how he never spoke too loud and always seemed to keep a careful watch over his little girl. His skin was milky white, matching his daughter, and his bleached platinum hair, almost white, fell right above his eyes. You even caught glimpse of a small gummy smile as he smiled at his daughter. 

"This man is perfect," You think to yourself. 

Seokjin, on the other hand, clad in an oversized sweater and jeans, is the image of a busy father. You notice how his phone goes off every few seconds and how he glances at it every few dings. Throughout this whole encounter, he did most of the talking while Yoongi just stood next to him. 

"Are all dads this attractive?" You question in your head as the conversation comes to a close. 

"I'm Lee YN. It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Kim and Mr. Min. I'm excited to have these two in my class," You shoot a playful wink at the bouncing children waving to their dads. 

"Please, call us Jin and Yoongi. Now, we'll let you teach your class. Bye little devils! We'll see you in the afternoon!" Jin waves as him and Yoongi prepare to leave. 

"Well, who's ready for some learning?" You ask Chunhei and Noah excitedly. Both children bounce with happiness as they run back to their seats, joining the rest of their classmates. You take a deep breath and close the door. This first morning worked out way differently in your head, but you were excited for what was to come. 

a/n: first chapter complete! hope you guys like it so far! 

ig: lvndrkookfics