XX: one piece

monday; December 16, 2019

"Mummy! Daddy! Wake up!! It's the first official day of Winter Break!!" I feel the bed moving up and down.

I let out a groan and open my eyes, blinking a few times to clear my vision. I try and get out of bed but am pulled back into a hard chest. A pair of arms wrap stay wrapped around my torso.

"Chunnie, why are you awake," Yoongi's deep, raspy morning voice whines, turning his head to look at the clock on his nightstand, "It's literally 5am, kitten. Go back to sleep."

"Can I sleep with you and mummy?"

"Sure, munchkin. Come here," I lean closer into Yoongi's chest and open my arms for Chunhei.

She lets out a giggle and lays down, her back pressed onto my front.

"Goodnight, my girls," Yoongi whispers, falling back asleep.

"Goodnight mummy and daddy," Chunhei whispers back before snuggling into me and falling back to sleep.

7am

"Time to get up!" Yoongi shakes me awake.

I open my eyes to see Chunhei still clinging to my front but she'd turn around in her sleep, her front now facing me instead of away from me.

"Morning, love. What time is it?" I rasp, my voice still hoarse with sleep.

"7am. I figured you'd want some time to get ready before Sora comes barging in," Yoongi laughs, placing a small kiss on my forehead, "I'm gonna get ready. Can you wake up Chunnie?"

"Yeah, I've got her," I smile at Yoongi, who walks in the bathroom.

I turn back and look at the sleeping girl snuggled into my chest. In all my life, I never imagined myself to be 25 years old, working my dream job, dating a wonderful man, and have a beautiful little girl to call my daughter. Although she wasn't mine biologically, this girl was everything I could ask for in a daughter. I really hope that nothing ruins this little family we've started to build.

Shaking myself out of my thoughts, I gently shake Chunhei to wake her up, "Wake up, little munchkin."

I shake her gently a few more times before she lets out a small whine before fluttering her eyes open and looking up at me, "Good morning, mummy."

"Good morning, sweet pea. Did you sleep alright?" I smile at her sleepy expression, moving her hair out of her face.

She leans up and places a pouty kiss on my lips, "Mhm, I love sleeping with mummy and daddy."

I hum at her response and sit up, leaning my back on the headboard. Yoongi comes out of the bathroom and walks over to the bed, sitting near our feet and motioning for us to come closer to him, "Good morning, my loves. Where are my morning kisses?"

Chunhei lets out a giggle before jumping up and placing a kiss on Yoongi's cheek and lips. I follow suit and press a quick peck on his lips.

"Let's get you ready, Chunnie," I get up from bed, extending my arm out to Chunhei, who excitedly takes it in her tiny one.

We walk over to the bathroom and brush our teeth and our face. I've come to learn that Chunhei, like me, preferred night showers over day showers. After washing up, Chunhei leads me to her bedroom and throws open her closet.

"Mummy! Pick my outfit please!"

"Of course, lovely. Go and put on some clean undies then come back here." I send her off, opening her closet and looking through her winter clothes.