LXIX: can't wait

"We're home!" Jin's voice booms from the front door, followed by giggles of the two children.

"Are we telling Chunhei tonight?" I turn to Yoongi.

"I'd like to. Do you want to?" He nods, climbing out of the bed and stretching a hand out to help me out.

"Me too," I smile, "We can tell her now. Let me just wash up. Meet downstairs?"

"Mhmm," Yoongi pecks my lips and then my forehead, his hand caressing my stomach, "Be careful. We'll meet you downstairs."

Yoongi heads out and I make my way to the guest bathroom. I hear Chunhei's excited squeals and cheers a few seconds later.

I turn the faucet on, splashing some cold water onto my face.

"Where's mummy?" I faintly hear as I exit the bathroom and make my way downstairs.

"She's coming," Yoongi answers as I turn the corner and enter the living room where everyone had settled.

"Chunnie!" I call out as soon as I see her.

"Mummy!!" She cheers, rushing over and into my opened arms, "I missed you and daddy."

"We missed you more, sweet girl," I lean down and kiss the top of her head, where her hair was slightly messy, "Did you have a good time with Uncle Jin and Noah?"

"We did!" She nods, taking my hand and leading me over to the couch to sit next to Yoongi, "We went to the park and Uncle Jin took us to this new ice cream place. It was so yummy! How was your appointment, mummy?"

"It went well, princess," I pat the space between me and Yoongi, urging her to sit down, "Daddy and I have some news for you actually."

"Really?" Chunhei beams, looking back and forth between me and her father, "What is it?"

"Chunhei, remember a few weeks ago, you were asking auntie Sora and me about baby brothers and sisters?" I ask her.

"Yes," She nods, "I'm sorry if I wasn't supposed to ask that, mummy."

"No need to apologize for that, baby," I shake my head, tucking her hair behind her ears, "It was just something you were curious about and that's ok."

"But now," I continue, looking between Yoongi and Chunhei, "I'm afraid you're gonna have to start sharing your cuddles, Chunnie."

Chunhei tilts her head, registering what I just told her.

"But I thought I only have to share if I have a baby-," She pauses, "Wait."

We all smile as she slowly puts the information together.

"Mummy..." She whispers, looking at me and then turning to Yoongi, "Daddy..."

"Yes, princess?" Yoongi tilts his head, acting clueless.

"Is there...Am I...Is mummy having a baby?!" She finally blurts out.

"We're having a baby, my love," I laugh, "Me, you, and daddy. We've got a baby on the way!"

"Oh my gosh!!" Chunhei gasps, "I'm gonna have a baby brother or sister!! Noah!! I'm gonna have a baby brother or sister!! Like Seojoon!!"

I laugh and nod, "Yes, my girl, it's gonna take nine months though, but baby brother or sister is on their way!"

She jumps up and throws her arms around me, pulling me into a hug.

"Gentle, baby, gentle," Yoongi warns as I pull Chunhei into a tight embrace.

"It's fine, Yoongi," I laugh at his already-protective attitude, "She's excited. We'll let her have it."