LVIII: late

2 weeks later

"hey...are you busy this afternoon?" I shoot Sora a quick text before the students come in from lunch time.

I put my phone down and make my way to the door of the classroom. I smile as I hear the chattering of the students as they happily make their way back to class after having their lunch and some time to play in the playground. 

I usually spend my lunch break outside with the students, but I haven't been feeling too well these past few days. My body has been aching more than usual despite not straining myself and overall, I've been feeling sluggish and nauseous. 

My phone catches my attention for a few seconds as it beeps twice, signaling that I've received two notifications. I remind myself to check it once the kids are busy and bring my attention back to the students making their way back into the classroom. 

"Welcome back, kiddos!" I greet as they make their way back inside, faces flushed and smiles wide, "Did you all have a good lunch?"

"Yes, Ms. Lee!" 

"I won at tag today!" 

"I beat Chunhei in the race today!" 

"No, you didn't!!"

I laugh as Chunhei begins to bicker with Noah and the rest of their classmates join in, claiming that Chunhei did in fact win the race that day. 

"Ok, let's settle down!" I make my way to the front of the classroom, "I'm glad you all had fun. Don't argue too much about the race. There's always tomorrow for a rematch!"

My students laugh as I tell them to get out their markers and crayons for today's art activity. 

"Ok, let's settle down.  In a few minutes, I'll be passing out a paint-by-numbers coloring sheet. Does everyone know what that is and how to complete it?" I ask as I hold up the coloring sheet for the class. 

The students all nod in agreement.

"Ok, as usual, each color has a matching number. But this time, we'll practice some of the double-digit adding we learned before lunch time. If you look at the spaces in the picture, each space has a problem you have to solve before you color it in. After you've solved the problem, the answer will be the number that matches the color."

The students bounce in their seats as I start passing out the sheets, "Now, remember, don't rush when solving the problems. If you rush and get the answer wrong, you'll color the picture with incorrect colors. If you get stuck, what do you need to do?"

"Raise my hand!" The children cheer as I finish passing out their work. 

"Great job! Let's get to work! Ms. Lee will be at her desk in case you need her," I say, walking back to take a seat.

As I take a seat, I remember the two notifications and pick up my phone to see a text from Sora and Yoongi. 

I open Yoongi's first because he's rarely texted during the past few days.

"I miss you and our princess :( staying late again. I'm sorry I haven't been home a lot and I promise I'll be home this weekend so we can hang out as a family. please give Chunnie a kiss for me. I love you both." 

I sigh as I type a text back to him. For the past 2 weeks, Yoongi has been home early for a total of 2 days. He works all day, every weekday, and if needed, he's gone in on the weekends too. I've been trying to stay as supportive as possible, but I have to admit that I feel tired and my condition hasn't been that great. It doesn't help that when Yoongi does get home, most of the time he'll be so tired that he'll just fall asleep on the couch instead of walking all the way to our room.