LXV: waiting game

hi, Sora!! Yoongi hasn't answered my text about watching Chunhei :( she'll be going with Noah and Jin today.

I frown slightly as I send Sora a text.

After the movie last night, I got Chunhei ready for bed and tucked her in. With a pout on her face, we tried to FaceTime Yoongi one last time before she had to go to bed. Just like our last few attempts, we received no answer.

Chunhei frowned as I kissed her on the forehead and bid her a goodnight. I sighed as I turned her lights out. Once I was sure she was sleeping peacefully, I walked back to the living room to clean up the couch and turn the TV off.

Once everything had been put back into its place, I got myself ready for bed. Checking my phone one last time, I frown as the notifications show no sign of Yoongi.

Shaking last night's events away, I look at the clock and see that it was almost time for dismissal. The students had been very excited for Valentines Day that would be happening next week and were discussing different plans they had for the holiday. I laugh as they cleaned up their areas and discussed the mini classroom party we'd be having to celebrate the holiday.

"Ok, is everyone's areas clean and ready for next week?" I clap my hands to catch their attentions.

"Yes!" Everyone excitedly answers, gathering their things.

"Perfect! You all did wonderful this week. I'm very proud of all of you! If we're all ready, let's all line up by the door and prepare to go home. Don't forget anything you'd want to have over the weekend!"

After getting everyone settled, I opened the classroom door and lead them outside to the pick-up area. Luckily for me, every parent, including Jin and Sora, were already patiently waiting outside. All of my students were picked up on time which left me feeling relieved.

"How are you doing, YN?" Jin asks as him and Sora approach after all the kids had been picked up.

"I've been well! Third quarter is over and I've got all my grades updated. I can take a rest this weekend," I sigh, giving both of my friends a hug.

"That's great to hear!!" Jin smiles, patting my back, "Well, I won't keep you any longer. Chunhei and Noah, let's get going!"

The two kids smile and give Jin hugs as he collects their backpacks. Sora gives Noah a kiss and I do the same for Chunhei, telling her that I should be back to pick her up in a few hours.

"Be good for uncle Jin, ok?" I tell her, pulling her into my side, "Don't cause too much trouble."

"Promise, mummy!" Chunhei flashes my favorite gummy smile, "Can we call daddy later?"

"We can, my love," I nod my head, "Hopefully he isn't busy again."

"Cmon, kiddos!" Jin lightens the mood, "I think the ice cream shop near here has some new flavors we can try!"

Both kids cheer at the offer of ice cream and Sora and I shake our heads as we wave the three off.

Once the kids and Jin were safely in the car, Sora turns to me.

"Ready to go, mama?"

"Ready!" I respond, grabbing my bags and making my way to my car.

"I'll drive," Sora suggests, "You just sit and rest."

"Jin knows, doesn't he?" I quirk my eyebrow up at her, "I won't be mad if he does!"

"I may have..." Sora starts, putting the car in reverse, "I had to tell him! He caught me on the phone with Dr. Yoon and he assumed it was me! I'm sorry!!!"