XI: dinner

Startled, I take a deep breath before pressing the answer button. I slowly bring the phone up to my ear, scared for what was to come next. 

Yoongi: YN? hello?

YN: he-hello? 

Yoongi: hey, is it a bad time? 

YN: no! it's perfect, I mean, you're good. 

I stutter out nervously. I mentally face palm at my failed attempt to act cool and collected. 

Yoongi: listen, I'm just gonna be honest here. the kiss earlier..

He pauses mid sentence. I shut my eyes tight, expecting him to say something about regretting it and how it was a big mistake. 

Yoongi: it was perfect. I've been wanting to do that for a while now. I just didn't know how to express the way I feel and that's what I thought was the best thing to do. 

I blush as Yoongi rambles on over the phone. I grip the pillow next to me tightly and squeal quietly. 

YN: wait, the way you feel?

Yoongi: jeez, YN. you're really gonna make me say it, aren't you?

YN: say what? 

I challenge back, playfully. On the other side, I hear Yoongi chuckle lowly. 

Yoongi: I may or may not have feelings for you, YN. That's the most you're getting. I'm not soft. 

My heart flutters at his nonchalant way of confessing. How long can you keep this persona up, Min Yoongi? 

YN: What kind of feelings? I hope they're good. 

Yoongi: With the kiss we shared earlier, I hope you can decide for yourself. 

His cool response fires back, leaving me flustered and speechless. 

Yoongi: not so smooth now, aren't you, YN?

YN: Yah! Ok stop it, you're making me nervous. 

Yoongi: Okay, all the banter aside, I really like you, YN. I know it's so sudden and I haven't fully thought everything through, but I really wanna take you out and get to know you more. Will you give me a chance? 

YN: I'd love to, Yoongs. 

Yoongi: Really? Oh thank goodness, I was not ready to get rejected tonight. 

I giggle into the phone. Faintly, I hear Chunhei in the background calling for her daddy. Yoongi sighs. 

Yoongi: Duty calls. You and me, YN. This Saturday, 6PM. I'll pick you up. 

YN: very little info, Min Yoongi. Are you gonna kidnap me and sell me to some human trafficking ring? 

Yoongi: negative. I won't spoil anything but dress comfortably. Can't wait for Saturday, love

YN: can't wait! 

Yoongi and I quickly exchange goodbyes and the phone call ends. My phone beeps, indicating that the call has ended. I stare down at my phone before letting out a small squeal of excitement. I quickly shoot Sora a text telling her that we need to talk tomorrow and head to bed. 

friday: last day before winter break

"Great job, guys! Your projects look incredible! I can't wait to put them up on display," I compliment all the wonderful projects that my students turned in.