LXVII: on his way

"Are you sure about this, YN," Sora asks one more time as we pull up to the front of Yoongi's company building.

"I am," I let out a deep breath, "I won't stay too long."

"Ok, I'll be waiting out here." Sora nods, "Call me if you need anything."

I nod and Sora gives my hand a squeeze before unlocking the car doors. I step out of the car, my blood test results in hand. I approach the entrance and make my way to the reception desk. 

I quickly recognize the receptionist as the same woman who had been there the last few times Yoongi brought me and Chunhei to the studio. She waves and gives me a smile.

"Ms. YN!" She greets, "Long time no see! Just you today?"

"Hello, yes, just me today. I'm just paying Yoongi a quick visit. Will that be ok?"

"Yes! He should be up in his studio still. Do you need me to call him and let him know that you're coming up?"

"No, it's ok! I won't be long. Thank you!" I wave at her as I make my way to the elevators. 

I quickly press the button and the elevator opens, I press the 7th button and the elevator begins its ascent up to the floor. My heart is pounding loudly as it stops on Yoongi's floor. As the door opens, I freeze for a second before walking out and walking over to Yoongi's studio. I contemplate knocking, but decide to enter the code instead. 

After entering Chunhei's birthday, the door beeps and clicks, signaling that it was unlocked. I could hear faint talking and laughing behind the door and hesitate for a moment before slowly pushing the door open. 

The desk was empty of Yoongi so I panned over to the couch area and see a bunch of takeout containers open on the table. I hear an unfamiliar voice talking and push the door even wider. On the couch was Yoongi and a woman I did not recognize. They were eating and seemed to be in deep conversation. Yoongi picks up some food with his chopsticks, but drops a little on his lap. The woman laughs and picks up a napkin. She leans over Yoongi, her face moving closer to his as she wipes away the food in his lap.

I let out a gasp and accidentally push the door open more, causing it to make a loud sound, startling the two. They turn their heads toward the door and Yoongi immediately catches my eye. I quickly shut the door, slamming it and running over to the elevator. Luckily for me, it was already open and was beginning to shut. I get in and push the lobby button, hoping it closes before Yoongi comes out.

"YN!" I hear his voice calling out for me and I rapidly press the elevator button that closes the door. The door finally closes as Yoongi reaches the elevator. 

My heart pounds as I descend to the lobby and I quickly make my way out and back to the car where Sora had been waiting. I throw the door open and get in, quickly buckling my seatbelt.

"Let's go," I sniffle, only noticing now that I had started crying.

"YN?" Sora sees my tears, "Honey, what happened?"

"I'll tell you once we get on the road," I explain, looking over at the building and seeing Yoongi run out of the elevator, "But please drive, Sora!"

"Ok ok, we're going," Sora nods, quickly putting the car in drive and leaving the company.

As we drive away from the building, I see Yoongi come out and call after me, but the car was already out of reach.

I let the tears fall down my face and after a few minutes of driving, Sora reaches over and grabs my hand with her free one, giving it a squeeze.

"What happened up there, YN?"

"I..." I start, but the words were not coming out, "He was there, but there was a woman."