LXVIII: every step of the way

yoongi's pov

I let out a puff of air as I wait for Sora to let me in.

After getting off the phone with Sora, I tried my best to get out of the studio as fast as I could. I quickly let Namjoon and Hobi know that I had an emergency, packed my things, and ran out of the building.

I had made it to Sora's in about 30 minutes, not enough time for me to process and practice what I wanted to say to YN. I clutch the paper she had dropped at my door tighter and take in a deep breath as the door opens.

Sora acknowledges me, stepping aside so I can come in, "She's asleep in the guest room."

"Ok," I nod my head, making my way over to the stairs before turning back to Sora, "you knew?"

"Since last week," She responds, "Did you have an idea?"

"No," I lower my head, "But, I should've. I noticed she was acting different. Looked more tired, sensitive to some foods. I should've paid more attention. Put the signs together."

"I'm glad you know that," Sora nods, "Took you too long. Go up there and fix this, Yoongi."

I deserved that.

I take another deep breath and make my way upstairs to the guest room. I quietly push the door open and see YN laid out on the bed, calm breaths leaving her slightly-parted mouth and one hand placed on her stomach. Sora had put the blanket over her body and she looked peaceful.

I make my way over to the side of the bed and sit next to her, slowly reaching over to move some hair away from her face. She stirs slightly, whimpering. I sit still, not wanting to disturb her sleep. 

After a few minutes, her eyes flutter open. She blinks a few times, adjusting to the light, before her gaze lands on me.

"Yoongi," She whispers, moving to sit up.

"Hi, baby," I breathe out, reaching out to grab her hands.

"You're here," She rasps, her voice still filled with sleep.

"I am," I nod, pulling her into a hug.

She obliges, burying her face into my neck. I wrap my arms tightly around her, one hand cupping the back of her head, caressing her hair. After a few seconds, I feel her shaking, sniffles sounding from my chest.

"YN," I call her, cupping my hands under her chin, bringing her gaze up to meet mine.

"Yoongi," She cries, tears rushing down her face.

"Baby," I feel my own eyes watering, my chest constricting, "I'm so sorry. I can explain, I promise."

YN sniffles, nodding her head. She scoots over, patting the space next to her. I climb onto the bed, leaning against the headboard and pull her into my embrace, her head leaning against my chest.

"Her name is Sohee," I begin, caressing her hands, "She's in the new girl group that I'm writing for. She's the leader and the company wanted her to have a hand in the composing and producing side of things, so they paired her up with me this week."

YN nods her head, sniffles beginning to go away.

"We were working on a song today and decided to take a lunch break with her other group members. After most of them had finished, they all went back to their separate schedules, leaving Sohee with me. We were finishing up the food when you arrived."

"Are you guys close," YN cuts me off, looking up to meet my gaze.

"A little," I shrug, "She tells me a lot about her life before she began training, her family, you know, all the basic things,"

"Is she nice?" YN continues.

"Very," I confirm, giving her hands a squeeze, "She'd love to meet you and Chunhei."

"She knows about us?"

"Since the first day we met."

"Does Sohee have a boyfriend?" YN meekly asks.

"No," I shake my head, earning a frown from YN, "A girlfriend."

YN smiles, her cheeks warming.

"So you have nothing to worry about, my love," I reassure here, cupping her face to keep her gaze fixed on mine, "Right now, the only thing you should be worrying about is yourself and our baby."

YN's pov

I gasp, my hands instinctively going down to my stomach.

"You dropped your paper at my door, YN," Yoongi teases.

"It wasn't supposed end up like that," I hide my face in Yoongi's chest as it rumbles from his laughter.

"I know," Yoongi nods, bringing his hands to rest on top of mine, his thumb gently caressing my stomach, "But, I'm happy to know the news."

"You are?" I look up at him, "I know I lied about the appointment, but I just-"

"I couldn't be happier," Yoongi cuts me off, placing a peck on my lips, "I know I've been a horrible boyfriend and father-"

"Yoongi."

"No, I have," Yoongi doesn't let me finish, "I've neglected you. I've neglected Chunhei. I haven't been home with you two and it's horrible of me. You've been taking care of Chunhei and dealing with the pregnancy all by yourself and it shouldn't be that way."

I squeeze Yoongi's hand that was intertwined with me, letting him know that I was still listening.

"I will be home more," Yoongi continues, "I've got you and Chunhei to take care of. And now, our baby. I know everything has moved fast, but seeing the test results has made me so happy, YN. I hope you know that. I want nothing more than to grow our little family, YN, and you've given me just that."

My eyes sting as Yoongi speaks, the tears pooling and threatening to fall.

"How many weeks, my love?" Yoongi wipes my tears away with his thumb.

"6-7," I sniffle, "We've got an appointment in two weeks. Friday. Our first ultrasound."

"I'll put it on my calendar and let the studio know I'll be unavailable."

"I want you at every appointment, Yoon," I look up at him, giving him a stern look.

"Each and every one," He confirms, bringing my hands up to his lips and placing kisses on my knuckles, "I'll be there every step of the way."

"If you aren't," I begin.

"Sora will surely take care of the consequences," Yoongi finishes, a gummy smile appearing on his lips.

"Glad you know," I smile, leaning up to meet his lips.

not proofread

not proofread

a/n: angst finished! I had a plan to prolong the angst a bit, but decided not to because I, myself, wanted more fluff between yoongi and yn LOL!! now that the cat's outta the bag, we can move the story right along!!

I hope y'all are enjoying the updates thus far! let me know your thoughts here!!