lxxi: uncles

"Chunhei, are you ready?" I call out as I put on my shoes.

After finishing up our morning routine, the three of us got ready to meet the guys. Chunhei was quite excited to see her three other uncles because they had been away on holiday for the past two weeks.

"Yes, mummy!" Chunhei hollers back, running into the living room all dressed.

It was still quite cold in February so she was dressed in a matching hoodie and sweatpants set that Jungkook had bought her for Christmas.

"You look so pretty, baby," I compliment her as she plops into my lap so I can do her hair, "What would you like your hair to look like today?"

"Can you braid it like yesterday, mummy?"

"Of course, princess," I place a kiss on the top of her head before beginning to brush her hair.

After styling her hair and getting Chunhei's things together, we make our way to the door.

"Can I wear the shoes uncle Tae got me?" Chunhei jumps up and down, reaching for the shoes from Taehyung that she had not worn yet.

I nod and reach up to grab them. I untie and loosen them and bend down to help Chunhei into them.

"YN!" I jump as Yoongi rushes over, helping me to stand straight back up, "Be careful, jagi!! Don't bend too much like that!!"

I laugh and swat Yoongi's hands away and proceed to bend down once again.

"YN!" Yoongi scolds me again, bending down himself to try and get me to stand up.

"What, Yoongi?" I laugh as I help Chunhei into her shoe and Yoongi does the other.

"Don't bend down so fast!"

"It's perfectly normal for me to do these kinds of things, Yoongi," I shake my head, "It's safe. I didn't even feel any pain."

"Fine," Yoongi pouts, finishing up Chunhei's laces and helping me up, "Just...be careful. I don't want you hurting yourself."

"I'm not, baby," I reassure him, placing a hand on his cheek, "I'm not even showing that much yet. It isn't as uncomfortable yet."

I reach down and place a hand on my tiny bump that was being hidden underneath my oversized sweater.

"I just realized," I start, moving to get my own shoes on.

Yoongi hums, grabbing his keys and Chunhei's backpack from the counter.

"We need to tell our parents," I continue, opening the front door.

"Oh, you're right," Yoongi nods, guiding Chunhei out and locking the door behind him, "Do you want to give them a call or do it in person?"

"I'd love to do it in person," I start, but frown, "But the school year is about to get really busy and I'm not sure we'll have time to go to both our hometowns soon."

Yoongi nods as we walk to the elevator.

"My parents are coming in two weeks to visit us," Yoongi starts, "I just remembered that Eomma called me last week to ask when we're free."

I mentally go through my calendar and get the dates together.

"Oh," I realize as we make our way to the car, "That'll be the weekend we get our first ultrasound?"

"It is?" Yoongi pulls out his phone, probably scrolling through his calendar, "It is!"

"We can tell them then?" I ask, "Maybe I can make an excuse for my parents to come here too. Maybe have all the grandparents come and meet each other and see Chunhei."