LIX: bun

"Honey, you're shaking..." Sora whispers as she enters the bathroom.

After a quick stop at the drugstore to buy some pregnancy tests, Sora and I finally arrived at mine and Yoongi's shared apartment. After putting our stuff down, Sora suggests ordering takeout before taking the tests. I simply nod and tell her she could pick dinner.

After placing a quick order, she hands me the boxes of tests and asks if I needed any help. To this, I responded no and told her I'd pee on the stick and come right out to wait with her. Unfortunately, after ripping open one package and staring at it, the reality that I could possibly be pregnant finally hit, causing me to stand still, in shock. 

"YN, sit down, honey," Sora walks over and takes the test from my hand and gesturing for me to sit down on the closed toilet lid, "Are you ok? We don't have to take it now. We can wait until after dinner."

"No," I answer after a few seconds of silence, "I wanna do it now."

"Do you want to be pregnant?" Sora unsurely asks.

After a few seconds of thinking, I answer, "Yes, it wouldn't be so bad." 

"So there's nothing to be worried about, hun," She reassures, rubbing my back in soothing motions, "I know it seems intimidating, but you know that you've got a whole village ready to raise this baby, should you be pregnant, and I'm sure Yoongi will be so excited."

At the mention of Yoongi, my heartbeat picks up a little because I realized he could come home any second. 

"Has Yoongi texted you?" Sora asks, quickly noticing my body language and reading my mind.

"No, not since we left school."

"Ok, so there's nothing to be worried about," She reassures, "This is about you, YN. You're the one who's gonna take the test. Worry only about yourself."

I take a deep breath before nodding and getting up, "Ok, let's get this over with."

"Do you want me to leave or...." Sora trails off, making me laugh.

"You can wait outside the door," I suggest before the doorbell goes off.

"Oh! Our food! I'll go get it," Sora perks up, "Pee on the stick and then come out to eat!" 

Sora turns around to get the delivery, leaving me alone once again. Taking a deep breath, I stare at the test once again and get up to properly sit on the toilet. I grab the box of tests and grab one more just to be sure. 

"You can do this, YN," I whisper to myself, "Just pee on the damn sticks and we'll go from there."

After doing my business, I place the tests on the counter, wash my hands, and head outside where Sora had set up a whole spread of chicken, tteokbokki, and several other foods on the coffee table. 

"I figured we'd sit on the floor and catch up," Sora shyly explains, "We haven't had a girls day where it was just the two of us so I wanna catch up with you. You're like my best friend, YN, and I have so much I wanna share with you." 

"Unnie!!" I jog over and engulf her into a hug to which she responds by pulling me tighter. 

As an only child, I never had siblings to look up to or hang out with so having someone like Sora has been such a blessing. Whenever I had questions or insecurities, she's been the closest female I could consult since starting my job and meeting the whole group and she's been nothing but a great older sister figure to me. 

"Thank you for being here for me, Sora," I breathe out, still engulfed in her arms, "You're like a sister to me. You can tell me everything and anything." 

"Well, let's sit down and eat so we can spill some tea!" She pulls away, flashing me a smile reminiscent of her son, "I'm glad we're both on the same page about our friendship. If Yoongi ever does anything to hurt you, I'll be there to hurt him more. I'll always be here for you, YN."

After sharing one last hug, we settle down and dig in to our food. After a few minutes, the timer on my phone goes off and my heart and breath still for a moment. Sora puts her hand on top of my frozen ones and asks, 

"Do you want me to look first?"

I nod my head silently.

"Ok, honey," She nods, getting up from the floor, "Why don't you come. You can sit on the toilet again while I take a look." 

"Will you tell me what it says?"

"Of course," She lends a hand for me to pull myself up, "Let's go see!" 

We make our way to the bathroom and I quickly shut my eyes as Sora leads me to the closed toilet. 

"No peeking!"

I giggle as Sora's joking eases my nerves. The room goes silent as Sora carefully examines the tests and it may just be the loud pounding of my heart, but if Sora had reacted in any way, I heard none of it. 

"What's it say?" I squeak, nerves haywire. 

"YN..." Sora breathes out as I feel her coming closer.

"You're scaring me, Unnie!!"

"BITCH!" She squeals, grabbing my hands as I open my eyes, "YOU'VE GOT A BUN IN THE OVEN!!" 

I let her words process for a few seconds before tears begin to well up in my eyes.

"I'm pregnant?" I shakily ask.

"Yes!!" Sora cheers, handing me both pregnancy tests which clearly say "Pregnant" on them, "You're pregnant, honey!!"

"I'm pregnant!" I repeat in a happier voice, standing up and pulling Sora into a hug.

"You are!!" She laughs with tears in her eyes, "A baby, YN, you're gonna have a baby!!"

And before I could answer, Sora's phone rings, catching both of our attentions. Sora quickly grabs her phone from the counter, checking the caller ID. 

"Jin?" She questions, pressing the accept button.

*not proofread

a/n: cat's out of the bag hehehehe 

so sorry for the lack of updates last week!! I had a super hectic weekend working on my final projects, but I finished 2 of my 6 final projects so I've allowed myself to slow down and get some writing in. I've definitely been planning this chapter and plot for a while, so I'm excited to post this chapter!! any feedback is greatly appreciated! I'm aiming for at least 3 updates this weekend (its Wednesday for me) but I wanted to release this chapter early as a treat for  you guys! 

take care and I'll see you in the next one!!