IX: stacked spaghetti

3PM:

"Bye, YN! Bye Chunhei!" Sora and Noah wave off as they get into their car. 

Noah was my last student to be picked up today. I turned to the tiny girl sitting patiently on the bench. As I make my way back to the bench, my phone starts ringing in my pocket. I fish it out of my pockets and see that its Yoongi calling me on FaceTime . I take a seat next to Chunhei who curiously peeks over to see my phone. I position the phone so the camera captures both our faces and slide the answer button. 

"Daddy!" Chunhei cheers as Yoongi's gummy smile pops into view. 

"Hi, Yoongs!" I greet, smiling at Chunhei, who looks extra excited to talk to her father. 

"Hi, ladies! Chunhei, I'm not sure if Ms. YN has told you already but you'll be going home with her today. Daddy is really sorry but he's caught up at the office and can't get you at school. YN will watch you until I finish. Is that okay?" Yoongi explains. 

Chunhei stays silent for a moment before jumping down from the bench. 

"Really?! I get to hang out with Ms. YN!! Okay, daddy! I'll be a good girl. Please don't work too long! Ok, bye now! YN and me are going to do some fun stuff," Chunhei rushes, pulling me up and dragging me towards the classroom. Yoongi giggles at her excited response. 

"Okay, kitten. Behave for YN, please. Thank you again, YN. I owe you the world," Yoongi rushes out. Faintly, I can hear a voice, it kind of sounds like Namjoon, in the background calling Yoongi over. 

"It's honestly nothing, Yoongs! Now, get back to work! I got her," I reassure, waving one last time to Yoongi before he ends the call. 

"You ready to have some fun?" I ask, looking down at the little girl who has already gathered her things and is waiting for me to pack up. I giggle and begin getting my things ready. 

4PM

After getting Chunhei settled in the car, we finally made it to my apartment. I quickly unbuckle the little girl from her seat and grab her hand, leading her to my apartment. We take the elevator up and Chunhei curiously observes her surroundings. She "oooh"s and "ahhh"s at everything she sees which makes me laugh. 

"Take off your shoes and place them by the door, munchkin. Then get comfortable on the couch," I say, unlocking the door and letting Chunhei in first. 

She stands in the doorway, taking in her surroundings. She quickly takes off her shoes and makes a mad dash to the sofa where she drops her bag on the floor and lays on the couch. 

"Your house is so pretty, Ms. YN!" She compliments, cuddling into one of my throw pillows. 

"Thanks, munchkin. You hungry?" I question, placing my things down on the counter and head to the kitchen. 

"Can we eat cookies?" She cheekily asks, leaning over the back of the couch. 

"After we eat proper food," I giggle, pointing over to a bag on the counter, "Daddy gave me some comfortable clothes for you. Get changed then we'll eat. Is pasta okay?"

"Of course! I love spaghetti!!!" Chunhei cheers, grabbing the bag. I point her to the bathroom so she can change. 

I heat up some leftover lasagna from the fridge and prepare two servings. I pour myself some water and get a carton of banana milk out for Chunhei. She comes out of the bathroom in sweats and an oversized tee. I giggle as she comes out, the oversized clothing making her look smaller than usual. She walks over to the table and takes a seat. 

"Woah! It's stacked spaghetti!" She comments, giggling at the food. 

"It's call lasagna, love" I correct, mentally awing at her adorable comment, "It's kinda like spaghetti. Try it."