Chapter Two

Rae was working at Kroger for the past two weeks and at her neighbors po too. Okay Rae you can go now. You sure Jen? Yeah of course. Well thank you. Of course! Rae ran out the store and called roel. Hey sissy, what's up? You done with work??? Yes what are you doing? In the room about to go to po's. Okay I'll be there in ten minutes. Ten minutes, okay!! I love you bye. I love you too sissy. Rae hung up. Rae has about $80 saved up and it was Sunday but she didn't mind working those four more hours if it meant being away from her dad. Rae knocked on mr.po's door. Hey sissy! Hii. Hi honey. Hi Mr.po, how are you doing? Better. That's good to hear. How's work? Great! You ready for some more?? Bring it on. Sissy what should I do? Here you can watch paw patrol on my phone. Yay! If you're hungry I brought a bag of food for us. Thanks so much sissy! Of course!

Rae walked out with po while ro sat and watched her phone. Alright what am I doing? This week I want you to pull these weeds up and put them in this bag and after you can have some lemonade. There's no need. Of course these is, you'll obviously be tired. Well thank you Mr.po. You're always welcome. Rae started to pick up the weeds as po went into the house. Hey little one. Hey! Is she okay? Keep seeing bruises and they seem to get worse the more she comes over. Oh. Oh? Is something going on? Roel wanted to tell po so bad but he remembered what she said to him. "If he gets suspicious or asks just say oh no matter how deep he tries to go". My sissy is fine mr. Po, thanks. Oh...well okay sorry for asking. Mhm. Are you hungry? A little. Roel's stomach growls. Seems you are. They both laugh. How about while I cook you can make the lemonade for me. Okayy! Cool. Oh sissy brought some food from krogers if you wanna use some of that! Up to her. She'll be okay with it. You sure??? Yep of course. Okay great. Rae walked into the house. Is there anything else I should do??? The bathroom down that hall on the left. Alright. Ro you okay by yourself? Or with Mr.po? Yeah I'm good. Okay cool, my charger is in my bag for my phone. Got it. Rae walked to the bathroom. Let's see what we're working with here. The hours passed faster while Rae was cleaning and not getting beat. Alright ro I'm ready. Quiet down, he fell asleep. Sorry. Don't apologize honey. Okay. I made food with the groceries you brought. Wait what? Why?? Ro told me it was fine. But you didn't talk to me?? Watch your mouth, I'm still an adult. And I'm an tired as hell kid with a dumb brother who completely disregards me and my thoughts!! I'm sorry it's in the fridge in the Tupperware. Thanks. Of course, see you tomorrow. See you. Rae walked over to ro and shook him lightly to wake up. Hey sissy. Get up. You seem mad. I am...at you. Oh I'm sorry.

Rae walked over and grabbed the Tupperware. Ro got up and grabbed her phone and charger. I love you sissy. I love you too. They started to walk home. I'm sorry I thought you would've been hungry. I was saving it ro and now I'll get hit because of it. I'm so sorry sissy. It's fine. Home sweet home. Hmm. Rae turned the knob flinching. Ro walked in first. Go upstairs and go to bed. But. Ro please. Sorry. Stop just go. Kay Kay. Rae walked into the kitchen and sighed. Her dad was asleep thank god. Rae put the Tupperware in the back of the fridge and closed the door. Her dad got up and came into the kitchen. Rae panicked trying to hide but it was too late, he walked over and touched her stomach. Rae covered her mouth. He sleptwalk. He went to her legs and kissed her neck. Rae was trying not to cry but she couldn't control herself. He noticed and touched her cheeks and licked the tears off his hands. This wasn't the first time it happened. Rae was at least grateful to be touched by someone even if it was her dad. Rae knew this was going to take some time so she didn't even try to fight back. Rae just closed her eyes because it helped her and whatever in the moment go faster. He finally got off of her as Rae stood up and ran upstairs. She just knocked on the door, not caring how many times. Ro opened it. Sissy what happened? Nothing too bad ro. She wobbled into the room and fell to the floor. SISSY!!! I'm okay. No you're not. We'll be fine. Hope so. We will be, I love yo ro. I love you too.