Chapter 26

Ro you're three!!! And you're my last kid believe it or not. Mom we're moving out. I know...bye. You know? I'm not dumb. Mom let's not say things. She hit Raul in the leg. Just be safe. You don't care? You're old enough to escape him but I'll be here for years even after all of you guys are dead. Mom that's not true. She gave him an "we both know it is" look. Rae was an observer even when she was little, she could scope out anyone and if she could trust them. She could trust Raul but only a little..he was the type of person to surprisingly give up your life for his after promising he'd save you and Ramiro wasn't trustworthy at all he'd give you up in an instant it was written all over his face but Rae could trust herself and her mom and ro was too young to trust but she knew that when he was old enough he could trust her and that was the most important thing. Rae overheard everything in the hall but she wasn't going to say goodbye because they'd be back for something and she didn't really like her brothers.

Bye Rae bae. Don't call me that and bye. Still mean. Just truthful. Ramiro pushed her a little going downstairs. Rae rolled her eyes and closed her mom's door walking in. I'm so glad they're gone. Me too love. Rae grabbed Ro and put him in her lap. Mom? Yes babe. Why do you come back to him? Hope. Hope for what? He hits you and us what do you have hope for? Hope that he'll be better..that he'll see the pain he caused and his beautiful children and how much love kids bring and have in their lives and hearts. I don't think he'll change. I do. Why? Hope. I don't have hope. Depressing. The only hope I have is hoping I can get out of here with Ro and you. Won't happen for me. Have hope. I don't have hope for myself, I'm too long gone...I'm dead by the time you and Ro are adults. Hope mom. Hope for everyone but myself.

Your hair isn't long enough for two ponytails but knowing your dad your hair will probably get shorter. Mom! Hair loss to be honest. I hate you. I hate your dad but life you know. Why r names? Huh. Why are our names all starting with R. It's basic as fuck, I don't even know man. Rae laughed. I love my name because dad didn't help with it and I love my eyes because I got them from you. Thanks baby. Rae smiled. Mom. Yes? You'll make it out and you don't even have to have hope...just be okay. I'll be okay. We all will. Grace smiled. You're a great person Rae. Mom I don't want you to die. What? I have a bad feeling and all my bad feelings are always right. Stop. Mom! RAE! I'll be fine, I know your dad and he's not a bad guy. Rae moved her mom's sleeve up and pointed at it. That's what a good person does...mom he hit you so hard you blacked out. Yeah so? SO DO SOMETHING! School doesn't start in two months we can move in with ma. NO! Give me my baby and leave me alone before you wake your dad. Mom. Come on, give him to me. Okay okay, I'm sorry. It's okay Rae.

You're five! I am five now yes. I'm so happy. Right. I AM! Mhm...is dad coming? Why wouldn't he be. Because he's an abusive prick. I mean true but it's your birthday. Mom listen to me...it's my birthday and I don't want him here please be the parent that listens to what your kid says, I'm uncomfortable whenever he's around he touches me. What?? Ro where? My legs and penis and he licks my neck if he goes all the way. All the way? Yeah like Full body. Why didn't you tell me? Look around..even after all the years and generations of abuse you're still here accepting it. Grace sighed and hugged Ro. I'll kill him. Why now? After people kept telling you to. I don't know I'm sorry, he can go to prison. MOM! Get a goddamn grip please. Im calm. IM NOT! Uninvite everyone and just leave me be! Ro ran off. ROEL! It's. Grace sighed and sat down. Rodrigo walked in drunk. Grace snuck a peek and sighed. What's all this shit? Ro's party. Bullshit. Why ask if you don't care? Curiosity he slurred. Bullshit. Ah. Do you touch Ro? He laughed. Maybe, maybe not. This isn't a game rodrigo this is MY son! Your son?!? Pfftttt I hit the kids and touch them a little it's not a big deal...haven't killed them yet. Grace chuckled. So apparently it is a game and you don't seem to understand how angry I am right now so we're gonna find out. Grace stood up and grabbed the cake knife and just plunged into his stomach. He grabbed her wrist and made the knife drop having it slide across the other side of the room and looked at her. He grabbed her hair as she winced and hit her head against the wall repeatedly. A few of her teeth fell out and she tried to gain strength to move. He stepped on her hands. Sto-. Can't talk can you? She looked at him. No no. He nodded. RO R-. Her voice was losing its power. Ro came out of his room and heard the silence. MOM??! He called out coming down a stair at a time. She mumbled but gave up. Im so- sorr-. Rodrigo smiled. Ro finally got onto the ground and walked into the kitchen. MOM! Don't you fucking dare. Ro grabbed the knife and walked towards his dad. Mom I'm gonna call, okay? Mhm. Ro shook scaredy looking at his mom.