Chapter 29

RO! Wake uppp. He's sick. What? Yeah found out this morning and no he's not lying. Oh god. He's fine..watching cartoons right now I can watch him. He can watch 5 five year olds and himself. Wouldn't put it past him. Po. If my Parkinson's gets bad I'll ask neighbor boy to come help. Rae sighed. I promise honey. Okay.

Your hair is so cute! Oh my gosh thanks. I'm Amara. Hi I'm Rae. I'm in love with you, your name and your hair. I'm in love with compliments from pretty girls named Amara. YOU think I'm pretty??! I swear I just got a compliment from god. Calm down. Amara laughed. Do you get this? A little. Rae smiled. Your pretty and smart and I'm just well..pretty. A lot of hot or pretty people don't have the brains you know? Like who? Kevin from this is us, Steve from stranger things. Um You. Amara laughed. Subtle. So what's your deepest darkest secret? As much as I'd like to trauma dump my moms body is still warm and I can't have everyone know she's dead, I'm gonna look like an attention seeker. Hey it's okay I'm not a saint both my parents died this weekend. Oh my. Yep..gunman in California so moved here I'm the cliche. How are you so? Pretty and clueless?! Yes. Both of them. That's efficient. I'm useful when I need to be. Prove it. Watch this. Mr lowman? Yes amara. My parents are dead and I don't think I can read moby dick right now, can I be excused? Of course. Thanks. Amara grabbed her stuff and winked at Rae. Rae just scoffed in disbelief. I think I'm in love. Rae whispered to herself. Rae raised hand. Yes miss Wilson? Can I uh follow her? Um no and we're on page 13, please pay attention. The class laughed. She's amazing. Rae thought to herself.

Raeeeee! Ryannnn??? I'm gonna sit here. Your tray was already on the table sooo. Do you not like me? I'm biased. Do you like my boyfriendddd. Ryan moved her head so Rae could see David. Why would I like YOUR boyfriend?! Why are y'all over here?? Matt's coming over and we wanted to talk. WHY? Okay we can leave. Please. Do. MATT! FUCK OFF. He smiled. They both got up and walked away. I can't stand either of them. Right. They're like I can't even reference anything I'm just annoyed. Rae laughed and rubbed his hair. Why'd you do that cutie? It looks a mess. Well you just made it worse so. Maybe I like it worse. If you liked it worse you'd be flirting with Leo. Rae put her finger in his ear. Stop insulting him when he's not around. You can tell him, I don't care..I'm wayyy better than him. Nah I don't think so, I still got this beautiful necklace. It's alright. You're just mad. Am I? Yes. Yes. Okay glad you agree nowwww how are you gonna top it? Right now? What? Rae took a minute. OH GOD NO. Ahh. He nodded. I meant top the necklace. Now I don't think I can top a necklace. Shut uppp! Matt laughed. You'll see. He looked over at her. Oh? Are you a date girl? Depends are you a big spender?? Nah. Perfect. You're perfect. Anything but. Okay kinda perfect. Thanks? I was saying what you wanted. You're good at that. So gonna admit I'm better? Nah, I'm not apart of this.

Hey Rae? Yeah coach? We have a game on Thursday at five and I want you to come and observe and the next time you'll play. Coach I've been here for a week how come I can't play? Well with that confidence I'll see what you can do this week and that'll determine for the game next Thursday. Alright thanks coach, I'm sorry for not being here. That's okay, we still have time. Of course we do. Take it easy Wilson. I will coach, thank you. Yes Wilson. Rae walked away. Why does no one say you're welcome. She whispered to herself. Amara ran up to Rae and hugged her. Hiii girlfriend. Heyyy. Where you going? Home. Ah. How about you? With you. I don't trust you that well and that's saying something cause I've told strangers about my trauma. I'm kidding. Oh my god okay. Amara laughed. So who do you live with? Aunt. I live with my neighbor. How does that work? Isn't a neighbor always like a neighbor?! Like a dad is always a dad. Not mine, that's why my neighbor is my caretaker. That's reasonable. I'm really sorry about your parents. Cool people.. dad was an artist and mom was an baker, Erissa and Lucky. Your dad's name was lucky? He wasn't so lucky a couple days ago but things happen. Wait so you weren't there? Nope on my way though, I'm so glad I declined going with them. Amara I- I heard about it and was so shook to my core I can't imagine or shake that feeling. They were great but it's okay you know? A lot of people know so I don't think of this as trauma dumping but I also trust people like you so don't tell anyone. Amara whispered even though people knew. I gotta get home to my brother I'm sorry. No that's okay..bye girlfriend. Byeeee please be safe. You too!

SISSY! Hi ro..aren't you still sick? Yes. Isn't it like contagious?? Yes. So let's back up. Po laughed. Want some jam?! Lemme put my stuff down. Alright. Po grabbed the jam for her but dropped it. Ro yelled and moved from the glass. What happened? I dropped the glass. Are you okay? I'll clean it up, just sit right here. Alright. Po sat down. How bad is the shaking? Like a six. Your medicine? Need more. Jeez were you gonna tell me? It's MY medicine, and I kept track and I'm fine. I'm just asking if you haven't noticed we Weren't here for three weeks. IVE NOTICED. Ro shook from being scared. You're scaring ro. There's glass in my foot. Sorry Ro. It's okay. Rae took the glass out of ro's foot and finished cleaning up the mess. Everyone get some sleep. Alright. Okay Sissy.