Chapter 33

My name is Grace Wilson and I'm from New York. That's nice. I guess. You can sit down grace. Alright. Grace walked over and sat by herself. Graces hair was in a high ponytail and she had an brown buttoned crop top sweater on and a silk skirt with brown circles. Rodrigo looked over at her.

Yeah ma it's different I'd say. Well New York misses you. Miss it too ma. We'll come down soon. Alright. Bye. Bye. Grace hung up and felt a bump on her back. Watch the girl, fellas. It's fine. Grace grabbed her bag and touched her ponytail to see if it was messed up. It's okay. Huh? Your ponytail.. it's fine. Oh thanks. Mhm. Rodrigo handed her the journal that fell. Thanks. You're welcome. Bye. See ya around. Grace stood up and smiled as he walked away.

I don't know Mary. Come onnn! He likes ya. I like him too but I've never settled down. Do it now girl!! Sure. Mary looked at her. Maybe, maybe. Atta girl. Grace smiled and went to lunch. HEY! Rodrigo caught up to her. Hi. She smiled. Where ya headed? Lunch. Ah. How about you? Got frinkens. Who? Old science teacher. Frankens? Yes him! Grace laughed. You should be going then. I like the chase. Grace smiled. Oh yeah? Mhm a lot. That's sweet. I try. Well I should be heading. I'll go with you. What? Don't you have frinkens? Frankens. I know. He laughed. You're funny. I know that too. Rodrigo looked at Frankens door and then grace. He'll be okay without me. I bet.

Grace and Rodrigo we're hitting it off and were the most talked about in school. Grace hadn't told her mom or dad about Rodrigo because she knew they'd fly down faster then she could kiss him so she kept it a secret until they could stay longer for a day. Rodrigos parents could care less well his dad at least, his mom was dying which was slowly breaking him but he was trying to keep it together for grace. I'm sorry about your mom. How do you know? We walked to your house on Tuesday and you told me I could come in. Ohh I forgot, sorry. No I'm sorry, that's horrible. It's fine..people die. Mothers shouldn't...they're godsend. Hm. I can't imagine my mother. Can you not? I'm just saying. Rodrigo stood up. And to think you were the only who understood or kind of did. You just asked how I knew she was dying so what are you talking about. So now I'm dumb? I never said that, what are you getting at? You. Well you've ended it so have fun. I will. Okay.

Are you going to the dance? No Mary. Don't let him ruin it. I don't wanna go. Go with my brother. What the hell? He needs a date. That's kinda weird. Not if I'm giving you my permission. True but I don't even have a dress. We'll go shopping today! It's in four weeks. Perfect. Grace laughed in disbelief. Okay then.

Threw up everywhere! Shut up Derek. Just saying. He shrugged. Grace laughed and looked at him. You're cute. I can be whatever for you. Please don't flirt in front of me. You set us up, this is a good result. I suppose. They all sat down eating dinner. How's school going? Pretty okay honestly. Don't be a jerk Derek. What??? Ask about her life...time she was born I don't know. Um okay. Grace smiled awkwardly. Parents? Um yes Dean and Ferra. Together? Mhm always. That's good. Thanks. Yeah our parents are divorced. Oh that's sucky. Dad was a dick anyways, dad's name is Jim nothing special. Derek shut up! You told me to talk to her. Yeah about HER life not yours. She should know stuff about me too idiot. Just. Yeah uh anyway any siblings? Um yeah actually I have a younger brother. Nice. I'm from New York. Yeah Mary told me. Oh okay. We're from California. That's where the accent comes from. Yes yes. Grace smiled at him. Yours is subtle but also strong. New York accents are like that. I like it. Thank you. Ugh. Chill Mary. Sorry. Yeah Mary you set us up this is a good result. She scoffed and took a bite of her food. They both laughed.

It fits ya! I know Mary, I got it four weeks ago. Whatever. Grace laughed. Rodrigo will be so torn about the two of ya. Think so? Of course yuh. Good to know. DEREK! Jesus Mary. Sorry house gets a little too quiet. Fine. Derek walked out his room. Aren't you snazzy? I clean up nice. Really nice. Thanks grace. No problem. You look beautiful. I clean up alright. More than alright. Let's goooo I wanna kill Shelly on the dance floor. Okay okay.

Can you hurry up? I could go slower. DEREK! Calm down Mary. Die. Wow. That hurts. Just drive. Right right. Derek grabbed graces hand and looked at her. She's crazy. He whispered. I know right. He smiled. Okay we're here. THANK GOD! You guys are disgusting. You won't have a ride when it's over. I'll ride with Shelly. Don't you hate her? Yes. So what. I'll just go with grace. I drove grace. Right. Just go. Mary rolled her eyes and got out the car. Sorry about her. Her and my brother would be best friends. Derek laughed and got out the car. He opened graces door. Shall we? We shall. Grace smiled and hooked her arm in his. You're the prettiest girl I've ever seen. You're sweet. I try.

I love dancing! Me too. Don't seem like it. What makes you say that? I don't know. Ah. My ma hates dancing. My does too. It's a good thing we love it then. Exactly. Grace laid her head on his shoulder. I'm sorry. Why? I-. You don't have to say it. But I do and it's gonna be hard to take. I'll be fine...and I'm sure we will too. I'm not so sure. What is it grace? Him. Derek turned around and saw Rodrigo. What is it about him? Everything. Oh. You're the better guy and I know that but I can't shake how I feel. As long as he treats you right. He will. My pop used to hit my mom. He won't hit me. I hope you believe it enough for it not to happen. I do and I believe we're good together. You're missing out. I probably am. Take care of yourself grace. You too Derek. He smiled at her. Rodrigo walked over to grace. Are we in love? We are. Rodrigo grabbed graces hand and kissed her. Wanna dance? Of course.