Chapter 18

Raul shook Rae to wake her up. Rae we're here. Okay okay DON'T touch me. I'm sorry. Ro sat up and got off Rae. Sissy are you okay? I'm fine. Rae got out the car and got the bags. Do you need help? Can you just leave me be?! Can you do that? You didn't help that night so you don't get to help now. Raul sighed. I know. Okay so you know to get away from me. Yes. Good. Rae's stomach dropped looking at the house. She didn't want to be here but just like she intended to leave and as they did leave she still had to protect Ro.

Rae and the others were settled into the house. Rae was in her old room with Ramiro. Why don't you speak now, you think your better than us. Rae was looking straight ahead. I can arrange for it to happen again. Rae flinched even though he was across the room. She hated that he had control over her when he was supposed to protect her I mean he was her brother for Christ sake's. Okay. She sighed. You want it to happen again don't you? Sure. Good. Rae was reminded by that night times a thousand ever since Ramiro and Raul came. Ramiro walked over to Rae and kissed her. Rae didn't move...she couldn't she was so used to this. She held her breathe as he moved away. Ramiro walked out the room as Raul was standing in the frame of it. Rae didn't look she just started crying with her head down. Rae? She started crying harder. It's okay. No it's not. He walked over to her and crouched down in front of her. Can I hug you? Rae didn't speak. He looked at her even though she was still looking down. Rae put her hand out. Raul grabbed her hand and nudged her a little. Rae got to his level and looked at him. Can I hug you? She nodded yes. He pulled her in as she cried harder. I won't let him hurt you..either of you again, okay? Rae didn't respond but she acknowledged it. Raul was always better than Ramiro even when they were little.

Ro's hair was long enough again to put in a ponytail. So Rae was doing his hair. Sissy I heard that you cried earlier are you okay? Fine. I don't wanna be here either. Ro it's fine...we'll check on mom and go back home. Sissy I think they lied. Me too. So what are we gonna do? We're gonna fight until we get back home and I don't want you being too nice to either of them even if Raul is supportive or nice I still don't trust them. I promise I'll be by you the whole time. Good Ro thank you..I brought some money so we can go to Luke's or Krogers. Later! I guess we have to go to the hospital and if we run into him well I don't know but I'll protect you first. Ro hugged Rae. I love you sissy. I love you so much Ro I'm sorry about all this. It's okay! We're still alive. Yeah we're alive.

Rae and Ro were in the hospital room looking at their mom. She wasn't dead but she was sick again. Hey kiddos. Mom you know who it is? Yeah Rae and Roel my precious babies. Rae didn't even say anything she was just shocked. Ro ran over and hugged their mom. Rae just stood there. Come over here Gem. Rae walked over and hugged her mom. Mom?? Yes honey. Rae pulled away and just looked at her and then Ro. I'm sorry. For what? I should've stayed for you. Honey it's okay. Grace put Rae's head in her chest and ro's head too. It's okay.

So volleyball? Yep. I never expected that from you. Well it's really fun mom. I played a little in middle school so I'm glad you're doing it. Mom? Is everything really okay or is it worse? Let's not focus on it. How's ro doing in school? Been getting bullied and um they cut his hair so I had a friend of mine cut it for him. That's nice, is that who gave you the necklace? Yeah said I was his sun and moon. Awww how cute. Mom! Sorry Sorry. Mom was dad always? No he wasn't. Oh. Yeah before we had Ramiro and Raul we met at school and he was super kind to me, we started talking and he told me he liked me and gave me a charm bracelet and I still wear it having hope that he'll go back to being that person but hope is temporary and pain could be forever so now I wear it for you guys you guys were my new hope. Rae looked at her mom and smiled. She believed that all her best qualities other than face wise came from her mom. Her mom was from New York and left when she was 12. Her mom had blue-greenish eyes and these firm but small lips which meant even when she didn't want to smile or had nothing to smile about her lips still did a small smirk, Rae acquired that from her. Rae also got her moms wavy hair and her button nose and she was kind like her mom it's just the abuse made her lash out or get angry but she was thankful of everything her mom provided. The abuse for grace happened when her dad got sick and Rae's dad was angry because he didn't want to be alone with the kids even though he's the one that begged for another. Graces dad died after Rae turned five and it broke grace. So she dealt with abuse and her dad dying...she was still remaining strong though. Mom. Yes? I love you. I love you too Rae. Ro was asleep which was good because he was always up and excited. Rae went into the hall and saw Raul.

We're gonna leave soon okay? No I don't want you with us Rau you've done enough and me and Ro deserve a life without you and Ramiro there. Ouch. You're not gonna make me feel bad because of what you saw you still didn't help me that night so your feelings aren't spared because mine never were. Rae I'm sorry. Okay. Rae sat in the chair and Raul sat in the one next to her. He first hit me when I was four and his friends were over they talked about how hitting their kids was like the best discipline or way to get them in check and he said he doesn't know how someone could ever do that even if the kid did something crazy and they were like mocking him and saying he was a pussy and stuff so he walked over and decked me in the mouth. I stood there and cried until they left so about two hours and I was so scared after they left that he would do it again so I peed on myself as he got off the couch and got hit while he got me through bathtime. Mom heard but he locked the door and when we finally came out he smacked her...she was pregnant with Ramiro. She was dead set on moving away from him with me and Miro but he apologized and mom was gullible so she stayed and then it passed on and then you came and it stopped for some time until mom heard about her dad...that's when it got bad again but this time it was the worst it ever been I mean her body was still developing the change after having you but he didn't care, he didn't care about any of us he just had power and he used it a lot without words. I knew it was wrong to leave you and Ro with him but I suffered I mean we barely had the money for us separately even more so together we had to go but Rae. Raul looked at her. I regret it SO much I didn't even think of how much you'd have to endure without us there and taking care of Ro Jesus I-. Whatever else you're gonna say means nothing Raul all of your actions and decisions have made that very clear so no I don't accept your apology or your fake concern for me because I dealt with my trauma alone and had to take on Ro's too and guess what? A five year old shouldn't HAVE trauma. She looked at him with spite and walked away.