Chapter 14

Boys don't go. Mom we have enough money now and as long as HE keeps hitting us we'll never leave. Come on now Rae is only ten she needs you around and ro he was born like a month ago everything is fine. Then explain your bruised hip. I fell. And hurt your whole hip? THAT bad. Raul pulled her shirt up. Don't. Touch...Me. She flinched. But you're letting dad touch you. Raul Mar-. Don't say my full name, you could literally come with us. No I need to stay for your siblings you seem not to care about so you can go. Mom if we get out now then you guys can too. I CANT, I CANT GET OUT, WE CANT GET OUTT! But you can so go. Raul touched her shoulder but she flinched from him. Don't come back, there'll be too much hurt from you coming back.

Rae was clinging onto the hospital bed while ro was on the couch. The nurse walked in. Hey guys. Rae shook and got up. He- hey. So we have an update. Rae shook po to get up. Hmm. They have an update. Oh okay. So you have Parkinson's disease and it's pretty new, you're in stage one as of right now but I have to tell you it will get worse and we all have to prepare for that but I can get you on medicine and as it gets worse we have other solutions and options for you once it gets worse...I know it's scary so take your time to process it. Thanks nurse. Of course. She left as Rae and Po looked at each other. Wow Po I that's so horrible. It's not, it's expected and I'm fine. Did you notice? You shaking and other stuff? Yeah but I didn't think anything of it but I'm glad I know about it now. Me too. Hey go down to the cafe and get you and ro something maybe get me a muffin I'm not that hungry. Alright can you watch ro? Yes. Thanks. Rae headed to the cafe.

And an apple juice thank you. You're very welcome. Rae looked behind her. MATT! Heyyy. Rae hugged him and looked at him. I'm sorry. She moved out the line. It's fine. Rae waited on her food but gave a couple looks to Matt. He had his hands in his pockets and this side smirk that was eye catching. He had this tall stance like he wasn't tall but the way he stood made him seem like he was, he wasn't an ordinary guy he was perfect and he called her beautiful and that was the best compliment she had ever gotten cause it came from him. Matt was done ordering and walked over to Rae. He grabbed her waist a little to move her from the line. Rae grabbed his hand and looked at him. Rae. Yes? What are you doing? I'm sorry. No it's okay, I like it. She smiled. He smiled back. They were just looking at each other. Nothing had to be said because their eyes expressed every word ever this wasn't the place or time but they didn't care. #1102! #1102!! Rae moves away and walked up to get her food. I gotta uh go. It was nice seeing you and staring at you. Same for you. Rae smiled and walked away with her food. She headed up to the room and smiled thinking about the moment with Matthew.

Thanks sissy! You're welcome bub. So ro. Yeah? Po has Parkinson's. I figured. You know what that is? Of course I do. Oh. What stage? One. Well that's a relief. Is it? No no really, sorry. No it's okay. Rae sat next to ro and kissed his head. Am I mean to you? Rae no. I feel like I am. You're mean to yourself and you have these responses but you're not mean to me and if you are I get it but you're a great sister. You're so smart. Thanks sissy. Rae smiled at him. Did you finish your homework? Yeah. Good. Did you finish yours? Not yet but guess who I saw. WHO. Matt. Oh my god!!! Wait..who? Oh wow I didn't tell you, there's this guy uh Matthew.. Matt. Oooh Matt I like the sound of...that he said funnily. Rae laughed. Anyways we uh had this moment. Oh? Yeah we held hands and stares at each other it sounds weird but you'll feel it one day. Maybe!! Hey sissy? Yes? Do you ever think about Raul and Ramiro? Sometimes. I barely remember them. That's a good thing. Why? Because they left us and one of them did a horrible thing to me and I don't want you to know, I can't have you know ro it's terrible. Ro rubbed his hand on hers and looked at her. You don't have to tell me sissy. Thank you. You're amazing. You are too. She said grabbing his face and kissing his forehead.

Hey mom. BOYSSSS heyyy! Grace ran over to Ramiro and Raul. Oh wow is that Roel? Yep he's three now. Where's Rae? With her friend kora. We're not staying. I know. Where's he at? At a bar somewhere. Not a surprise. What is a surprise is you guys caring enough to come back. Mom it's not like that. Fuck her. Ramiro say another damn word. Raul hit Ramiro in his arm. We came to get our stuff. What stuff? Stuff from our old room. That's not your stuff anymore, Rae she wears your shirts and Ro he plays with your toys and your dad oh he hits me but we all relate to that don't we? Mom. Raul Martinez Wilson say mom one more time and see what happens. Can't be any worse than what dad does to you. Grace grabbed a knife and pointed it at Ramiro. I'll kill you I might not have the courage to do it to your dad but I'll kill you ramiro. Ramiro laughed looking at her. You're pathetic and dad knows it that's why he hits you. Grace slid the knife across her arm. Yeah I'm pathetic but not as pathetic as you. She swiped the blood from her arm and rubbed it on his face. Real pathetic Ramiro. Mom. Grace grabbed ro and walked out the house.

Everyone was asleep and Rae was still awake so she went downstairs to get some food. And an apple juice please, thank you. You're SO welcome. Rae turned around. Hey. Hi. Can't sleep? Nope. Same. Is that why you're drinking apple juice? No I'm drinking apple juice cause I love it. Rae moved over so Matt could order. I didn't have to touch you that time. I meannn. Matt laughed. When Matt laughed he leaned back a little and his smile stayed even after he was done laughing Rae loved that, she wondered what he liked about her other than her being beautiful. Matt's hand was on her waist again. You did it again. Oh shit. He laughed as they both sat down. So what is this our first date? Could be if you're a gentleman and stop hating on Apple juice. Never. So how's your dad? Doing worse actually I can't even think about how sick he is all that's in my mind is when he first got here and his diagnosis. Matt I'm sorry. It's alright. Rae put her hand on his and rubbed it. Are you okay? I will be. What about your dad? He has Parkinson's disease...found out today it's stage one but he will get worse too so. I hate hospitals. Me too. Matt I have to tell you something. I know Rae. You do? Mhm. What do you know? That I still haven't met Ro. Yeah you haven't . So when do I meet the guy? Ew don't say it like that. Matt did the laugh again. You're really funny.

They're not gonna wanna see us especially mom. Who the fuck cares? I just wanna see if those kids have it worse than us. Raul sighed. What if they're not here? Then we're gonna find them. Stop being such an asshole. Stop being a bitch. Alright. Well we're here. Yep.