Chapter 32

Raul would come check in or promised to every two weeks so he was back or technically his first official visit since his mother died.

Raul is back sissy! Cool. Aren't you happy? I don't like him. Yeah cause you love him. No. Get me a strawberry! No you like Raul. That's rude. Too bad. Rae said walking down the ladder with her basket of strawberries. Ro gave her a look. What? He went to grab one but she pulled her arm back and they all fell out. Nice Roel. You never call me Roel. Don't be such a baby! Don't be such a bitch! I always am so what's new?! Ro pouted away. BABY! Bitch! What was that about? Why do you always manage to get in my space like SO close??? I'm sorry. Stop...stop trying to be a good person. Rae I was abused too. But were you raped? The only reason I didn't have mom do anything is because I knew she would've killed them. Damn straight, as she should've. No you don't get it. Get what? My body wasn't mine ever since that happened. You can change that. Raul please take a moment to refrain from getting on my bad side. Right yeah...I'm gonna go meet Po. Good. Rae sighed sitting on the grass. Hey. Why are people popping up? Well I'm a person that wakes up at this time of day and I go outside. Leo don't. I said one sentence. Enough to annoy me. Got it. Leo was walking away. Wait. Already doing that...for you so what now? My brother is here. Congratulations. I'm mad at him. Why? Something that happened two years ago. That's a long grudge. Long amount of pain. Ahh whatever it is I'm sorry. Stop please stop saying sorry. Leo sat down by Rae. I'm sure he feels horrible about it. Every part of me felt horrible. What is it Rae? I can't. You don't have to. Thank you. Why are their spilled strawberries?? Don't ask. I did though. You're sassy. What can I say? He smiled. That you're sassy. I- I'm sassy I guess. Rae laughed.

You're pretty much nonexistent. Wow, blunt old man. Not old just wise. Po added strength to the hand shake. Strong hand. Army. Can I get my hand back? People in the army lost their hands. I don't wanna lose mine especially if I'm cooking. Cooking what? Meatballs with strawberry jam? Sounds good. Need my hand back then. Po let go. I'm so entertained. Ro said bumping his fists on the dining table. Po sat down as Rae walked in. Where were you kiddo? Outside. Got it. Sissy! Hi Ro. Hiiiii. Rae smiled. Po almost broke Raul's hand!!! I missed it?? Mhm mhm. He nodded happily. Rae sat at the table. Making meatballs. Nice. What is up? Nothing po, wanna take your medicine. I'm good already took it. Wanna take yours? He gave her a let's talk somewhere else look. Rae stood up dramatically. Yes! Don't sound too excited. Rae and Po walked away. She takes medicine? I guess. Ro shrugged. Hey so why do you like hate Raul? There's a lot of reasons. Didn't your mom believe people could be better? Not people like him. Rae give it a chance...you won't get anywhere if you don't talk to people. Po hugged her. I'll kick him out because he's kinda a smartass. SEEE! Po chuckled. It's okay kiddo. It'll be okay old man. Rae and Po headed back to the table. Sissy you take medicine? Yeah cause you give me headaches. Fair. He shrugged. Raul laughed. Oh trust if you were here you'd give me migraines. Yeah. Rae sighed. My wife is dead! Has been for almost two years now. Subtle. Her death wasn't. Oh? Yeah yeah....can we eat? Not done yet. Killing myself. Po whispered tapping his fork on the table. Rae and Ro laughed.

Ro and Rae were in the bathroom getting ready for bed. Raul was in the door frame. Oh I can wait. Nope we're done. Rae pulled Ro off the step stool and put him down. She has a vendetta man. Raul sighed. I know I know. Food was good though. RO! What??? I'm right here. Everyone KNOWS you hate him, why am I the bad guy? Rae rolled her eyes. Let's just go to bed, bathroom is yours Raul. Thanks. Hmm. Rae and Ro walked out. Why are you being so mean? Don't you mean a bitch. I mean..kinda. Because he let something horrible happen to me. What? What was it??? Just tell me please so I can hate him too, you've always protected me so I can protect myself while not compromising you. Ro it's fine. RAUL! Yeah? I have to tell you something. Okay man I'm gonna shower real quick. Alright. Ro what are you gonna tell him? It'll be fine, let's just wait.

What did you wanna tell me? You're lame. Ah nice. Ro laughed. Ro got serious. Dad touched me..it was mostly this year when me and Rae were home and mom was sick..Rae was gone with po and he touched my penis and face. I told her but I never feel comfortable without being around someone and I was getting bullied at school, they even cut my hair. Ro I'm so sorry he did that, I can stay here..move in I swear I don't have any contact with him. Ro hugged Raul. Thank you. It's okay. That night mom was gone for her extra shifts...dad and Ramiro threw me in the bathroom and took off my clothes, my shirt was first then it was Ramiro's pants and he made me suck and after dad had his turn and it went on forever and then you ..what were you doing? Rae they beat me up and knocked me out. I was passed out for how long they did that, you wouldn't let me explain. You were. Yes! I tried to stop it, you know that but I didn't have the strength. Raul. It's okay. Rae hugged him. Guys we've outrun him and Ramiro I won't let him near you and I promise that...on my life I will let myself die before they ever get to you.

Pancakes with strawberry jam! Oooh yummm. Raul smiled and hugged Rae. I'm moving down here.WHATTTT!!! Rae squealed. Don't tell please. I won't. She winked. Rae sat down and started eating looking at Ro and Po join. Pancakes? Yes sir. Po rubbed his hands together. You're saving my life. That's good. Ro why aren't you talking? Too excited he muttered. Why? CAUSE RAUL IS MOVING DOWN HERE!!! Wait you knew? I did I did. Well can't kick him out now. No you can. Not with this spread. Literally! Ro said spreading the jam on his pancake. They all laughed.