Chapter 53

2 months later

Rae was wearing a blue floral dress with her hair curled...she was wearing two inch matching heels and gingham perfume. She had a pearl bracelet on and Leo's necklace. Rae looked in the mirror and sighed. Sissy are you ready? Yep. Ro rubbed her back. Don't you look so adorably handsome. I do don't I. Rae laughed and nudged him. Raul slid into the doorframe and looked at them. You're not gonna really wear that are you? Of course. We're corrupt no no no our brother is. Ro said pinching the bridge on his nose. I look great...you don't. He looks good! Just stupid. Guys come on. Sam slid in and looked at them. HII! Heyyy. Sammmm! The queen has arrived. She said gesturing at her dress up and down. Beautiful! Why thank you. The special treatment is crazy. Just complimenting her. Yeah Raul chill out. Raul sighed. You look good babe. She reassured him. Thank you honey. Ugh gross. Ro said looking up at them. Yes? Excuse me! They moved out of his way and smiled. I'm a small human who needs to get to a wedding! They laughed as he walked away. How's Po guys? He's better. I'm so glad to here.

How's Rae? I think she's better. Did you know?  Know what? Her and Matt broke up. What??? Yeah it was really bad...huge fight. Oh my god. So bad she was throwing up for days because of how bad she cried. Oh my goodness...and she told you? It's not about who she told it's about how bad it was for her. Yeah you're right. Hopefully this will make her feel a little better. Matt is going to be here. Shit. Nicole and Raine sighed together. I'll handle Rae and you with Matt? On it. Retreat with details after vows? Of course. Okay great. I wish we could drink. I've taken so many imaginary drinks I'm basically an alcoholic. Same girl. Wait isn't Amara coming? Yesssss. What's going on there?? We've scissored a few times. Raine shrugged nonchalantly. HELLO??! I'm kiddingggg. Jesus Christ, I need champagne like for real. Oh shush. So are you gonna answer my question? What do you mean, I did. Nicole deadpanned. Okay okay we've hung out a few times and I invited her. Yayayyy!!! I KNOW RIGHT! Ahhh. But it's like chill you know. Right right.

Well don't you look handsome. And don't you look hot. Inappropriate Ro you know there's a time and place and a wedding nor funeral are those places. Yep sorry Amara. It's okay, we live and we learn. Amara smiles as he, Raul and Sam walked away. Heyyyy girlfriend. Hiiii. Rae squealed and hugged Amara. You look so hot girlfriend. All youuuuu. Amara pulled out of the hug and held Rae's hand. Ready to get married? Of course. Amara giggled and started walking. How are you and Matt? Ah good just a little rough had a fight two days ago. Whatever happened I'm on your side. Rae smiled. Thanks girlfriend. Always girlfriend. What about you? What about me?? Raine? Scissored. Ahh swag. Kiddinggg. You liar! You believer!! Rae laughed. What ACTUALLY happened? We've hung out. OOOOHHHH! Yeah yeah cause I'm just a cool person that I go on multiple dates. Right right. Wait. Amara said stopping in front of Rae. Uhm hello? You're not wearing your ring and your hair is curled...you guys broke up and it was really bad and you've only told one person but more people know. Well damn you're good. But are you? Are you good? I'm better it's been two months it was a huge fight and I think he will be here. He is. What? He's right over there drinking what I HOPE is apple juice. If anyone should drink it's me. Uhm me too!

I promise to love you forever and always Matt. Ugh does his name have to be Matt. Rae whispered to herself. Matt looked over at her but she didn't look back. Rae wanna go to the bathroom? I don't have to use it and vows aren't over. Right. Rae looked at raine confused but paid attention again to the vows. They heard someone weeping behind them and couldn't hear the rest of the vows. Who is crying so lo-. Rae looked back and opened her mouth at Raul. Uh raul are you okay? I just love love. I love youuu. I love you so much same. Rae and Raine turned their heads back to the front and stood up clapping with everyone else. Rae shuffled past the row she was in and headed inside the venue. Rae Rae wait! I have to pee now. Okay can I come? You already are so sure. Raine smiled at Rae. Okay before I pee on myself, why are you babysitting me who's a sixteen year old at a wedding that a lot of people are at? It's weird and I'm worried. Girl friends always go to the bathroom together. I'm gonna pee right now so grab my arm please. Raine grabbed Rae's arm and ran with her inside the building. Bathroom right here. Okay thank you. I'll stay out here. Oh? Yeah you'll have your space. No I need you in case I run into Matt. Yeah of course. Raine followed Rae into the bathroom as she peed. The breakup was REALLY bad like really and I still love him and the ring isn't lost or gone it's back in the box so that's good. Right and that's good. But the breakup wasn't good so it's awkward. He looks good too. And he looks good! Rae sighed as she walked out the stall and started washing her hands. How do I look? Stunning. I mean I always do but right snow?? More stunning than usual. Thank you. Always.

Is that champagne? It is. Should I ask how old you are? Should I ask if you're an actual waiter or helper person. No. Okay then no. Rae took a glass and looked at the bubbles. Don't actually drink it Rae. She said to herself. Ro tugged on her dress and looked up at her. Sissy is that apple juice or champagne?? Champagne. Oh! Niceee, can I have a sip? No. Aw. Ro I cant even have a sip. Fair enough. Rae laughed. Are you just gonna stare at the bubbles? Think so. Well you shouldn't waste it. That's true. Raul and Sam walked over. Sis is that sparkling cider cause they said that's not here yet. It's apple juice. Sam looked at the glass. Nah that's champagne. It's not! Rae was about to drink it but Raul grabbed it and drank it. Everyone stared at him and just stood there. Yep it was I'm champagne, nice try sis. He said patting her shoulder walking away. Ryan tapped onto Rae's shoulder smiling. Hey. Oh hi Ryan. How are you? Ryan we don't have to do this. My brother is a dick, yes we do. He's a dick so we don't have to because of that. Yeah true actually. How are you? I'm trying to adjust. To? All of it, not being with anyone and taking care of myself. Ryan that's a good thing. It's hard though. Well so is life and having emotions. Rae you were always too good for him. No. Yes and we all knew it. Rae smiled softly. Thank you Ryan. Thank you for being the good thing he needed in his life. Sometimes people need good things...I was happy to help. You're amazing. And you're sweet. Ryan hugged Rae.

Matt you're starting a fight out of nowhere! I'm not, this argument is valid. It's valid? After you said it was fine??? Yes I'm mad about it again. You sound ridiculous. So this isn't something that's fair. I never said that. Fuck you rae. Ah okay cool. You're ignoring my insecurity! Matt we've talked about this...we haven't even talked at all so why are you mad? RAE. MATT?! Don't fucking yelling at me. I'm mad. And I'm calm. So what? So there are people around and this is stupid. Take off the necklace. Fine. Rae ripped the necklace that Leo gave her off and looked at him. I want my ring. Take it. Rae said with a straight face eyeing him. Keep it. No! Take it. I don't want it and I don't want this. Who are you? You were willing to wait until Po got better and when he did and I told you..you were goddamn ecstatic! You...love..someone..else. He loves ME! I can't help that. Do you love him? I love you. You can't even answer me. Matt of course I love him but that doesn't matter. It DOES! I've known him since elementary school...what am I supposed to DO???! That's like saying you and Ryan aren't supposed to love each other for growing up together. No it is not and you're fully aware why. So just end it. It's ended. Fine. Alright. Matt walked out and slammed the door as Rae sat on her bed and started crying.