Chapter 37

And I promise Rae or Ro isn't here just some old ass guy. Okay man I'll come down..it'll take a minute though. I know Ramiro. Fuck off. Okay. Be there. Alright. Bye. Bye

He's coming. Oh god this is actually happening. Yes it is sissy! But are we gonna? He's horrible we should do worse. But no one deserves to. Some people. Exactly! Ro you're WAY too happy about this. Oh yeahhh. He said jumping up and down. Raul laughed. Rae you don't have to help but my friends are here and they're pretty you know . NO I don't know and don't wanna know. Good. Sissy it's okay, it'll be okay. I don't wanna do this Ro. He's been terrible to you. What if dad finds out? Oh he won't. Raul you're scaring me. Ramiro will be scared. No. Rae please take a minute and think about all the horrible things he's done...killed all our family pets, hit mom, sexually assaulted you WITH OUR DAD, threatened each of us multiple times, almost killed Ro..need I go on. No it's fine. Rae I get it. I have a heart and you guys don't. We have hearts but not for people like him but you grew up differently and what you've witnessed is unlike ours. Yeah. You can do the small part. Which is? Convince him to...with you. No no Raul I can't. Okay okay we won't do that but we'll figure something out. How could you even suggest something as traumatic as that?! I'm sorry. Raul just leave it and me alone. Rae. Listen to her Raul. Ro said softly even though he was way younger.

Po was sitting on the porch so Rae joined him. Hey kiddo. Hi. What is it? I feel like I can't move on from my mom...all of it. You can but it's still fresh it's only been a month kiddo. Why is it so hard for me to feel about it then? Or when I do it's overwhelming. That's how grief is it takes a part of you and it can be too much or nothing at all. I'm sad, I'm tired and I feel horrible. Po grabbed her hand and looked at her. But you're also strong, and kind and selfless. It's too much. Of course it is but you're accepting it. I feel bad. Ro he's happy and Raul is here and your dad will get what he deserves and I'm here. What if I did something to myself again...what if it's Ro who finds me again? We will help you and we won't blame you. Promise? I promise kiddo. You think I'll be okay? I think you'll be more than okay. Rae sighed and laid her head on his shoulder. We will.

Rae walked into her room while Raul and Ro talked. I'll do it. Raul looked over. I'll do the trick on Ramiro but not for you or myself but for Ro and to finally end this horrible cycle even if it's just with him...it wasn't okay that it's what you suggested for me and I hope you understand that now. I do and I'll take it into account next time. I'm not sensitive Raul I'm hurt and I need it to end so I'll do it and we won't ever have to talk about it again because that's how I'd like to deal with it. Rae walked over and hugged him. I forgive your insensitivity and I'll help you out. She grabbed ro's hand and looked at him. I love you guys. We love you Rae. How many more hours? Three. Can I add some more people into the plan. Raul pulled out the hug and looked at her. Like who? Two more of my friends, it'll work I've thought about it. Are you sure? Yes. Listen I gotta go do something real quick. Rae. It'll be fast. Rae ran out the room. I trust her and you should too....she just started to trust you again. Of course I trust her.

Hey Leo. Hi Rae Rae. Rae smiled and looked over at him. Uh sorry I'm just looking at my moms old stuff. Rae didn't respond. You okay? It's already been a month. Since? My mom. Oh god Rae, here sit down. Rae sat at the table and gave him a lazy smile. I remember when it was a month for me...basically had no one and now it's been four years and I miss everything about her. I can't even cry or be mad right now but other days I'm a full mess I don't understand it. Grief it's weird and it changes us but you do what you feel is right because it's still so new. Leo grabbed her hand and caressed her face. It won't hurt as much the more you think about it. Wouldn't it hurt more? No but you'll see. I just don't understand why my dad couldn't be the one that died. Good people always go first. I'm just so glad I won't have to be older than her. Oh you're saying like if she was like 22 and you turned 24 or something. Yeah exactly. How old was she? 49. Ah my mom was 26. Oh my god. Hey hey it's fine. No that's horrible. It's been four years I'm good. I don't get how you manage. I just do and you should be able to too. Thank you. You're welcome. Oh wow she was beautiful. Yes. Leo smiled tiredly. Have you slept? No not really, just found out I'm leaving in two months and it's been keeping me up. You're leaving? Rae let go of his hand as her face dropped. I am. Leo I-. You've been hanging out with Matt. I have been but. You forgot about me. I haven't but I'm exhausted and now you're leaving and I can't do this. I'm the one who's leaving...leaving you. He looked at her. Leo it's okay. It's not, I don't want to leave you. If you have to then it's okay. Rae sighed and looked at him. She grabbed his hands. Leo I think it'll be okay and I'll be okay and you'll be okay, okay? You're not allowed to say okay anymore. Rae laughed.

Well I gotta go Leo. Yeah. The plan? Of course. Rae looked at him one more time. Leo moved in and went to kiss her but they got interrupted. RAE! Ramiro is on his way. Rae jumped a little as Leo grabbed her waist. That's my cue. Sun and moon. Sun and moon. She said back walking away from his house. You ready Rae?! I think I am Ro. Now that it set in I don't think I am. Well you better get ready. Rae said tapping his shoulder.