Chapter 59

You look very pretty Rae. Thanks love. Leo smiled and aggressively kissed her cheek. Do you wanna be my date to the wedding. The wedding is in a year Rae. Nevermind. Leo grabbed her face. Yes I will, of course. Leo kisses her softly and smiled into the kiss. So what's your plans for today? Can I meet the fam? Rae deadpanned as he did a fake dry laugh. Funny. I know right. We could hang out! I'd love that, wanna bake a cake? Nah. Oh. Let's make cupcakes. What kind? Lemon-blueberry? Wait yum. You talk like my friends. Funnn. Rae smiled and grabbed onto his shoulder. Okay your love language is definitely physical touch. Which is weird cause of how much I've been abused. Life is weird. Very true.

So what color you thinking? I want a violet dress it's me and my mom's favorite color and Rae's mom loved it too. That's a sweet thing. Thank you. So what do you think about me and Rae making cupcakes for the wedding. Honestly packaged cupcakes sound better than like $200 ones for like twelve of them. Exactly. Sure yes you can make our cupcakes.. please make them pretty. Can't guarantee but can kinda promise. Sam smiled at Leo. Why's Ro sleeping? Is he in a coma that only you know about?? Did you give him one and is punishing him because you don't wanna tell anyone and for Raul to not call off the wedding oooh unless he's a terrible brother and person and chooses you instead of Ro. Uhhh he just didn't get enough sleep last night...that's it and that's all. My explanation was better. No no it wasn't. You have no sense of humor. You have no sense of style or taste but I didn't say it. You just did. I tell the truth. I don't wanna say anything mean. No go ahead and say it. Well yo- you- you're marrying Raul!!! Nice one.

A stack of strawberry waffles for the tired kid. Thanks but I'm STILL exhausted. Eat up then. Raul said sitting next to Ro. Ro slowly grabbed his fork and pathetically poked at the stack of waffles. Oh now that's just sad. Man I'm tired! I'm allowed to be tired. Never said you're not. Hey fiancée. Hello. Sam kissed Raul as Ro slimmed his eyes down in disgust. I'm too tired to have an insult. Sam and Raul laughed. Hey Ro. He waved slowly at Rae and smirked. Hey sissy. I think us making the cupcakes for your wedding will be perfect. Wait they're gonna make cupcakes? If you don't wanna pay too much. Sure sounds great and cheap. Not uh we want benefits. We do? Leo asked confused. Rae gave him a look. Yeah we want benefits. He said nodding. Like??? Sam asked hesitantly. Half of your wedding gifts! Absolutely not. Knew that wasn't gonna work. How about $200 each and a family vacation. Fair. Yeah that'll be very beneficial towards me and my situation..thanks guys. Sam and Raul laughed. Glad that's settled. You guys are planning really early. Well it's just the basic and most expensive stuff that we wanna get out of the way. Do you guys want kids? Sam looked up at Raul. Yeah. Em yeah. They both said hesitantly. So no? No no we do but it's been awhile since we've talked about it and it's really none of your business even though you asked so just leave us be and Ro will cook dinner, right Ro? Ro's habd was off the table and his cheek was in his syrup from the waffles. Poor thing. That syrup has got to feel like a smooth pillow. Ro stood up slowly and looked at them. I have great hearing so stop. Ro looked at Rae. Even you sissy? I expected more. I- Ro. Ro rubbed his cheek with the back of his hand tiredly. And no it's actually really sticky but I'm too tired to wipe it off you weirdos. Night Ro. It's daytime Raul, don't be a dick. Man what??? The group laughed as Ro walked to his room.

But Sam do you want kids? I don't know, maybe. What's stopping the thought? My parents and My mom, I just don't want anything like that to effect or happen to them. Sam I can assure you that we're nothing like our parents and we're gonna have them when we're ready and sure and I was just asking id never force you. Like my dad did with my mom? Sam that's not what I mea-. No I know and of course I'd want that life but I don't even know if I want this. If you want what? Us together. Wait what? Yeah I'm so sorry Raul because I'm convinced the stars aligned when we met. Wait huh? Sorry it was from something I wrote a long time ago, uh anyways. Are we breaking up? Or taking a break. That's the same thing Raul. No..that's not. Sam laughed and touched his knee kissing his cheek. I'll always love you and what you've gave me. Sam don't do this. Do what? My heart. Yeah mine too. Raul stood up and grabbed Sam to stand up too. Listen Sam...if this is really the end and we never see each other again I want you to know that I was so happy to give you the love I thought you deserved and more and if I couldn't provide it recently then that's all me and nothing with you, you're my best friend and I've lost a lot of those in my life but I believe the ones that you stray away from are the ones you keep closest to your heart and you know I keep you close to my heart because I love you so deeply and strongly it aches whenever I think about you but if this is what you want I'll choose to believe that we'll find each other again and I might just be talking and it might be stupid but I need someone like you in my life wether that's right now or in ten years I could just hope we can be that person for each other possibly forever? I love you so much sam and I'm gonna miss you. Sam looked at the ground crying subtly. Raul grabbed her face softly. No no don't cry my love...I mean every word. Sam wiped her tears and looked at him. I'm so thankful you gave me what my dad could never give my mom. What's that honey? A pure and true love and you're my best friend too and that's why I'm crying..because it hurts so much. Sam let go of his hold and started to walk away. Raul looked at her. Hey Raul. Yes? I believe I'll see you again and we'll be happy, I love you. I love you too. Sam ran out the room and bumped into grace. Sam? Oh honey, are you okay? Grace stopped and grabbed Sam's shoulders. What happened? I ca- I can't. Sam ran downstairs and closed the door. Raul? Grace peeked into his room and looked at him. We broke up mom. Grace didn't say anything and just walked and hugged Raul. Oh honey..I'm so sorry. What do I do now? You move on and hope that..that person was truly right for you and if they weren't it'll be a slower but easier weight off your shoulders. She was amazing. Yeah I know, I really liked her. I love her. I know.

When we broke up, did you think we'd get back together again? I had a little hope but eventually it just went away. Oh. But Raul I've never loved anyone the way I loved you and that's not the only reason I said yes...I also said yes because that day was so extremely hard that when your mom stopped me in the hallway I seen the Hope in her eyes and seeing you with anyone else would've broken me completely and she knew that, that's why I couldn't face her that day because she was so amazing towards me and didn't deserve to comfort someone that broke her boy's heart. Sam it was mutual. Yeah but mostly my fault. It's okay...I'm just glad we've found each other again. Now we can have forever. Yes we can. Hope was definitely your mom's biggest feeling it's so so unfortunate she didn't have it for herself. My dad ruined it for her and I'm so upset he gets to live and she doesn't but I wanna do good by her when we get married. You've done so good already. Sam kissed his forehead and smiled. I love you Sam. I love you too Raul.