Chapter 47

Rae was making herself some food until she heard a sound. Rae stopped stirring her food and looked outside her window. She didn't move.

Hey Rae. Oh my god. Vacation timeeee. Tomorrow. Close enough I've already got three Hawaiian shirts. Of course you do Raul. I've got four mini Hawaiian shirts sissy! Aww. I see who's the favorite. Po obviously. Po smiled deeply. Rae there's $200 for food and stuff and I'm okay with a stripper or two. Inappropriate! Raul you ironically like Hawaiian shirts please don't tell me what's "inappropriate ". Wow wow. Get wrecked! Ro yelled while Rae laughed. Alright dad I won't let you down. I also have a taser and about a hundred switchblades. Perfect. You're the best daughter ever. What a relief to hear. All my kids are great except you Raul. Wha- what did I do? Wear that horrendous outfit. Yeah me and Ro wear nice outfits. Oh shut up Wednesday. Woah man. Raul! Po covered Ro's ears. Now you know Rae is better than Wednesday. Ro was just smiling up a storm as he watched them talk.

I've had strawberry flavored everything I need a fill in fruit. I'm offended. She's right Pa! I agree. Raul you're pushing it. Raul stuttered with his hands up in disbelief. Rae laughed. How about raspberries or blueberries? Ugh I hate hate hate blueberries! Okay okay dad. Raspberries it is. I don't like raspberries sissy! Well I do and you're not gonna be here for two weeks soooo. Fair. You're growing up. I'm trying. No no kid.. I'm really proud of you. Yeah sissy you're amazing! They're not wrong. Well thank you guys. Rae smiled at them. I'm gonna go...do something. Atta girl! You make that something your bitch sissy!!! They all looked at Ro appalled. Sorry. He whispered. Never. Again. Got it Pa. Awesome. Raul said laughing. Rae walked out and headed over to Leo's. Doesn't she have a boyfriend? I haven't met him. Me neither..hopefully soon. I have! You're so cool Ro. I know. Po shook his head laughing.

Hey. Hi Rae what's up? Family is leaving for vacation tomorrow. Oh you're not going? No desire to. Fair. So how are you? What is this? Huh? Like what are we doing?? What are YOU doing? I'm checking up on you. It's funny that you are as soon as you and Matt started dating. No Leo it's not like that. Where were these "check ups" when you weren't dating. Okay no you're not gonna blame me...I was going through horrible things and still managed to find my feet on your porch and in your house. Rae I-. Leo you what? My dad is dying. Oh my goodness what?? Yeah so much alcohol. Wow that's....horrifying. I'm fine with it I just wish it wasn't after my mom. I wish mine would die. Yeah I uh found out a couple days ago. I'm so sorry Leo. Don't be, should've happened sooner. I'm not sorry? More like it! Rae smiled. Well I just wanted to say if you wanted to hang out some days out of the two weeks then I'm happy with that. I'll stop by. Take care of yourself Leo. You too Rae. Rae waved bye.

And sissy I'll get you some crazy weird snack! Alright thank you Ro. You sure you'll be okay? Yes Dad. Have a good...Wednesday, Wednesday. You're not funny. I am though. Yeah funny looking! Ro spit out. DAMN! I look better than you. I get more girls than you and I'm six. Shut up. Rae hugged Raul. Bye idiot. Bye sis. Rae pulled out and hugged Po. Enjoy yourself kid. You too but not too much. Po smiled as she pulled out of the hug. Rae picked up Ro as he hugged her. I love you sissy!!! I'm so sad you're not coming with us. I'm not but I'll miss you! I love you so much. She put him down as he ran around her. Uh what is he doing? His Ro run around. Oh? Yeah he does it whenever we spend more than a couple days away from each other. You're gonna miss me. I am yes. But you'll be okay. I will mhm. You love me? I do. I love you too! Ro stopped running and panted. BYEEE! Bye guys. Be careful and don't get locked out please! Can't promise or compromise that but I'll try. Good enough kid. We love you. I love you too! They all ran and group hugged her. Get offfff. You know you like it. You guys stink. We JUST showered. Just get off of me! They all laughed.

So no one here for two weeks? Yep Matt that's what I said. Sassy Rae? In a mood Rae. Why Rae? Haven't been this far from my family this long like ever. It'll be okay. Yeah thanks. I don't like moody Rae. No one does so be nice. Got it. We should paint each other something. Like a penis? Rae deadpanned. So maybe not that. Like a sunset! That's basic and you Rae Wilson are not basic. I'm kinda basic. You're wounding me. I am! I'm like really basic. Matt fell on her bed holding his heart. I'm so basic that sunsets are my favorite thing to paint. Matt closed his eyes and aggressively grabbed Rae. STOPP! Nah if I die you're coming with me. Rae laid her head in his chest as he wrapped his arms around her. Rae. Yeah? Will you go to homecoming with me? No. Oh. Of course I will! You hate me. Nooo I love you. I love you too. Matt? Yeah babe? Am I someone you could be with a long time? Definitely. I think you're my forever. Really? Yeah I look at you and you're my forever. Rae Wilson you're my forever and always. Rae leaned up and kissed him softly.

He did all of that?! And he was your brother??! He was never my brother but yes he did. Makes me so nauseous. Me too. Matt caressed her face. I've wanted both of them dead for so long but somehow my dad still makes it. It'll come. Yeah not soon enough. How about we get some ice-cream? Oooh what kind? I love love cherry. Ugh I hate cherry ice-cream. You have no taste. Matt I'm dating you of course I have taste. Smooth. He said smiling slyly. You're still a tasteless gremlin! Okay so what kind do you want? I've had too much strawberry so I want triple fudge chocolate with vanilla swirl! That's not a made up flavor from like wreck it Ralph? I have taste! You have looks. I'm more than a pretty face. Yeah you're a pretty boyfriend. She said caressing his face. Ha ha. Rae smiled. Leo walked up to the screen door and looked at her. Oh uh hey Rae I still have a ton of banana pudding ice cream if you want. Oh yeah thank you. You're welcome...bye Rae. Hey man wait up. Me? Yeah. Matt ran out and followed Leo. Um what's up? Well how are you? I'm okay. Nice nice. Is that all? I think so. Matt stop being weirdly nice. Right right. Leo walked away looking back with a horrified expression as Matt walked back to Rae. I almost puked I was so nice. I did puke that was so awkward.

I love your house! It's homey. Thank you guys. Should we go homecoming shopping?? Well I already have my dress. Well you can get another one raine!!! Nicole chill. Yeah I'm sorry I'm really defensive about homecoming. We understand that now. How's it going with you and mattttt. Good! He did ask Leo how he was and it was really awkward. Matt being nice? I was worried too. Who's Matt again?  Matt Mardock raine please catch up. Sorry sorry. Oh when we go shopping is it okay if my friend Amara comes? Who? Amara I'm not sure you guys know her. Was she at the game? Yep! Oh my she's so pretty. She's okay. Nicole don't be jealous. I kinda like her. What??? Awww. Yeah she's beautiful. She seems like a bitch. Nicole. Yep sorry. Can we meet this Leo? You can you can.

And how do you feel now that it's almost been two months without your mom? Kinda numb. Why? Just fresh you know but I'm not I can't. It's okay. I wanna grieve correctly. You can't because that's not a real thing and grieving doesn't have a time limit. Everything is happening so fast and I miss her and I can't breathe whenever I think of her. So write things down of what you miss about her. Alright got it. Anything else? Not right now.

Rae was at the store getting groceries as a man was in the same aisle as her. Um sorry you can get by. Rae grabbed the cereal and walked out of the aisle. He quickly ran after her into the other. Um can I help you? Was your mom's name grace? Uh yeah. Hi my name is Derek, we went to a school dance when we went to school together. Oh. Yeah I heard about her passing a couple weeks ago. Yep. I'm sorry. Honestly I'm tired of hearing that but thank you. I get it...she was amazing and I don't think I ever got over the way she made me felt. I'm sorry you guys didn't have the great love story. In another life. In another life. Do you have any kids? Or a wife. I do not and have no desire to. Understandable. What about you? A husband or kids? More like a neighbor father figure, an abusive biological father, a little brother and an older brother. That's also cool. It has it downsides.