Chapter 23

I'm pregnant! Oh my god! Boy or girl? It's only been two weeks. Oh fuck. Grace laughed. I hope it's a boy. Me too then. You should want it to be what you want you know. I want a boy too not because you want one. Okay good. Grace gave him a look. What? You have the nerve. I'm being a good dad. Be a GOOD person. I am. No you're a dick. Why are we even fighting? Cause you assumed I'd want a boy because you wanted one and then tried to be all fake nice because of it..I'm tired of this shit Rodrigo. Grace was walking away. Wait! Pasta is on..it's gonna be your favorite, shrimp pasta. I'm not hungry. At least keep me company? No fuck you. Grace headed up to their room sighing. She was touching her stomach talking to the first baby of hers. Your dad is an dick but I uh I'm not gonna be like that, okay? I'll be a good mom..I'll do alright I hope and you're gonna be funny and sweet boy or girl. A tear ran down her face. I love you so much already! You give me hope. She smiled hard. Also how big even are you? I don't know these things. She laughed. I brought you pasta. Why? Because I wanted to. I don't want it. Well at least let the baby eat. GIVE IT UP FUCK! Fine. Rodrigo threw the pasta on her. What. The. Fuck. She breathed out. Yep I don't want your company anymore.  He walked out. Shit shit shit. Grace said freaking out. She wiped off the food as fast as she can and took off her shirt. She touched her stomach. I'll go to the doctor tomorrow, it'll be fine. She thought to herself. Why are you still with him? Mom I can't escape it, he wasn't like this. I know...I met him. Dad wasn't like this. Cause he was a good man. But his dad abused his mom and now you're in that predicament . And he used that as an example to never be like his dad not to be exactly like him. Yeah. May he rest in peace. I miss him. I miss him too. Mom what do I do? Go to the doctor at 11 tomorrow and I'll be there waiting. Why eleven? So that he doesn't catch you, it's the perfect time. Okay I'll be there. I love you grace. I love you too mom.

MOMMMM! What is it grace?!? I peed on myself. Your water brokeee. AHHHH. Yesss. Wait what does that mean? Your corrupt. Her mom sighed. The baby is coming. OH MY GODDD!!! Yeah we gotta go. Okay hospital bag is in the coat closet right there. And is he gonna be there? Mom I can't stop him. No you can, you really can. Mom I'm in pain. Cause of him. No because my water broke! Okay okay okay...let's go. Graces mom kissed her cheek and smiled. South Lincoln hospital. Don't know. Look it up! Why? It's a baby...I'll see it at home. It is a boy and you're the father. Couldn't possibly be. Her mom scoffed and grabbed her phone. Listen you DICK...my daughter is the best thing to happen to you and I don't know why she's even with you after all that I know so that's exactly why you're coming, because I know a lot and I can ruin your ass so I'd suggest you bring it to south Lincoln hospital right fucking now! She hung up and continued driving. Mom I'm scared. It hurts a lot. Of him. It'll be okay, I won't let him touch you. Okay.

And he's out! Grace was panting. Oh my goodness. Beautiful baby boy. Grace smiled as they took him over to weigh him and stuff. Rodrigo walked in. Where is he at? With the doctor. Ask if she's okay. Mom it's okay. No it isn't. The baby is seven pounds and eleven ounces.. congratulations! Thank you so much. They walked over and gave the baby to grace. I'm gonna name him Raul... Raul Mario Wilson. I love it. Me too. Rodrigo was still by the door.  Come on. He walked over and sighed. It's a baby, so what? Grace sighed. What did I say on the phone? I tune you out sorry. Graces mom walked over to him. You can move from raul then. He backed away and laughed a little. Gladly. Mom I'm exhausted. Yeah you should sleep. Doc? I got him. Thanks.  The doctor smiled grabbing raul. I'll be back. Okay mom. It was just Rodrigo and Grace.  He walked over and got in the bed with her. Can you move a little I'm in pain. No come on. Rodrigo. Fine. He grabbed her wrist. I hate your mom you know. I don't care. He grabbed it harder. Grace tried not to wince or cry. Graces mom came back in. Rodrigo got up and out of the bed. So listen..you OBVIOUSLY hurt her when everyone walked out but she wouldn't have told me until you were gone so here's the deal, you're gonna leave the hospital until she's secure enough with the baby to come home because you know you'll be there and then you're gonna do the right thing and take care of that baby and if I hear about a punch or a slap or merely a death stare it's over..your life is over. You can try. And you can try to intimidate me it's not gonna work. Graces mom had a taser in her hand and she was looking at him. It's closer to you. It won't be for long. Okay.

Mama. Oh my god! Good job baby. She smiled. Mama is better anyways. What's up? I don't have the patience Rodrigo. I said one thing. One thing is enough. He sat down and looked at both of them. What happened? He said..mama. Oh, of course he did. Don't get mad, I can't control it. I'm not mad. No you're just a dick. Well my dick helped make him so he should've said dad. Your logic is stupid. Your stupid, he's stupid...all of this stupid. He smacked her. Grace looked at raul. I dare you. Grace grabbed raul and dialed her moms number. Where are you going? Somewhere else. Better not be with your mom. Okay. Grace laughed. You really have the nerve. You do and he does too! Rodrigo I'd advise you to step the fuck back before my mom comes in here. Okay okay.

He's so big now! I mean it is his birthday. Mom stop being brutally honest. What world do we live in. A big big easy and kind world. Graces mom laughed. I almost yelped. I was saying that because of Raul. Sure. It's his birthday! Say it again..just one more time. It's hi-. Shut up!!! Sorry Jesus. Graces mom smiled. So a party? No that's too big of an event and I don't want him to find out about it. Then we'll have something small then. I got his gifts in the trunk..I just want him to be happy. You deserve to be happy. I know but Raul comes first. You're a great mother and genuine person and you're so welcoming. Thank you mom. He'll know how much you care when he's older and he'll remember it now. I love you mom. I love you too. Mama. Yes good job honey! He's so cute. The cutest. I'm gonna go get his presents. Car is unlocked. Alright. Grace headed to the car and sighed. Her phone was buzzing in her pocket. Hello? It's Rodrigo. Of course it is. What do you want? Isn't it his birthday today. Yes and you're not coming...can you please leave me alone now? Grace hung up and got Raul's presents.