Chapter 44

Rae Rae! What is it Ro?? Rae sat up rubbing her eyes. The tree!!! It's it's. It's WHAT Ro? Just come and see. Rae stood up and followed Ro outside. Rae looked at the tree. Rae? Yeah. It's dead. Yeah I see that Ro. What are we gonna tell dad? The truth. Po came outside. I already know kids. What?? Yeah. Aren't you sad? I am but we can always grow them another way. Rae picked up Ro and sat him on her lap. Po sat by them as they all looked at the dead tree. It was the one thing we had together. We have other things. Not like this. Rae it'll be fine. Dad it was holding us together..it was the first thing we found when we got here. Correction I found it with Cassie and brought you guys here. You know what I meant. Sure Rae. Rae and Ro sighed walking in the house. Hey kids. He yelled out. They looked back at him. Hmm? The tree lies here at OUR home..no one else's so at least we have that.

You're beautiful Cassie. So I've been told a million times Poery. I don't like my full name you know that and I'll tell you a million more. Well thank you handsome. Ready to try a strawberry? They just look so weird. All fruits do. Not peaches. Peaches looks like butts. Okay they do. Cassie laughed observing the strawberry. Just eat it. Did you wash them off? Of course I'm not an animal. Cassie took a bite quickly and spit it out. That's terrible. No way. Yes I hate it. Okay try it with this. Po grabbed the whip cream and put it in front with her. Fine fine fine. Cassie dipped a strawberry in the whip cream and took a bite. That's even worse. She said smacking her hands on the table. You're despicable and a serial killer. No I'm your soulmate and don't like strawberries. Look at your dress. Yes it has strawberries on it and I hate that but it's a pretty dress. Makes those green eyes pop out even more Cas. Thank you honey. Po took the strawberries and ate them. You're the serial killer. Maybe but at least I can admit that these are amazing.

Hey kids. Hey dad. Still not used to that but I love it. Hey dad? Yes honey. Can Amara come over. Amara? Yeah she was at the game. Ohhh the one you left us for. Subtle. Yes whenever you wanna invite her she can come. Okay thank you. Does she like strawberries? Uhh I don't know. Cause if she does it'll be a sad day for her since the tree is dead! Dad I-. It's fine. Po walked away. Sissy he's hurt. I'm gonna go check on him. I wanna come too, I also lost the tree. Yeah I'm sorry. Ro went into Ro's Room disregarding Rae. Hey dad I'm sorry and you were here for me when I needed someone so I'm here and even though it was just a tree to someone else it wasn't to us and you..you made it come to life even if Cassie hated them I know you loved her and the tree and we love you so take your time. Thank You kid. I agree with Ro. Rae said standing in the door frame looking at them. Come over here Rae. Rae walked over. We will not let this break or ruin us like everything else has because it was a good thing but we can allow ourselves to be sad about it because it was a GOOD thing. It was. Yeah it was.

Cassie you have to see thisss! What what? Did you get a mullet?! NO! For god's sake. Cassie ran out onto the porch and stopped. A tree? Come closer. He said reaching for her hand. Cassie grabbed his hand and walked off the porch steps looking. Ugh a strawberry tree? MHM. Eww. Don't we greatness... I don't "ew" you. Excuse me?? Yeah so just embrace it. I don't wanna. Well you're gonna wanna embrace this. He looked at her handing her a strawberry necklace. What is this? A gift. I love it but I hate. Strawberries yes I know but you love me. I love you so very much that you making me love the thing I don't like is something that makes me happy. As long as I'm making you happy. Everyday. Cassie grabbed onto the tree with one hand and the other onto Po's shoulder and kissed him.

Po was asleep while the kids were in the kitchen making him something. We don't have strawberries. I swear we do sissy! Okay then try to look please. What are you guys doing? Making a strawberry pie for Po. Can I help? Please. They said in sync. Raul smiled. Ro opened the fridge looking for the strawberries. Raul reached in the back for them and put one in his mouth. Yep...strawberry. Raul grabbed the big bowl of strawberries and put them in the sink for Rae. Here you go. I told you! You were right good job Ro. Let's make the pie and Po happy! Let's do it.

It's a strawberry pie. It's a disgusting pie that's what. You like lemon meringue! I don't wanna hear it. I'm gonna ignore your horrible taste just because you're married to me. Smooth. I know. You eat your pie and I'll eat mine. Fine with me but are we watching days of our lives? Of course we can. That was a test...you hate that show. But I love you. I love you too. It's the strawberry theory. The strawberry theory? Even if you hate strawberry and I love them you love me so you wear the necklace. I wear the necklace because I love it and you. I just said that. Now I hate you. As much as strawberries? Never ever. Cassie grabbed his hand eating a slice of her pie. I love you. I love you too. How long has it been? 16 years. I'm still in love with you. You're my forever.

Po walked in to see strawberry muffins, cupcakes, Pie and ice-cream. Woahhh. Po laughed a little and looked at everyone. Surprise! This is amazing you guys. All for you. Po walked into the living room crying on the couch. Dad did we do something wrong? No no of course not. They all walked into the living room and looked at him. Reminds me Of Cas...I miss her so much it consumes me and even with all these strawberry deserts which she would hate by the way I still find myself smiling, I wish I had more time with her and more memories and I'm sorry that we lost the tree really really sorry. That's none of our faults especially yours. Rae handed po one of the cupcakes. Try it please. Po grabbed the cupcake and took a bite. This is....horrible. Shit. It's great. Oh thank god.

"Dear strawberry tree you've really helped me, you create plans for future us and you love us even when we...eat your fruit we lean back because it's so good and we say mmm because we love strawberries and we will miss you oh oh strawberry tree. They were all sitting and looking at it. Yeah it's gone but it was ours.