Chapter 43

Shit shit shit. Rae said rampaging through her stuff. No no no! No what? Nothing Leo. You sure? Yep. Where's your necklace? Took it off..the glare was giving me a headache. Ah okay. Hmm. Well I'm gonna take Ro on a walk and get us some food I'll be back. Okay good, see you in a bit.

UGH!! Rae what is it? Raul I can't find my necklace. Oh Rae. I can't find it and Leo is staying with us and I. You have to tell him. I can't I can't. You have to even if you can't. But. No none of the doubting..you can do this I know you can tell him. Mhm. I'll help. Thanks. Rae started looking for it while Raul helped. Did you take it off? No no of course not! Shower? I mean yeah but always on the sink I swear. Rae Rae urs okay I promise. No Raul because Leo is here and he gave me his moms necklace without a second thought. We lose things but I promise you..you won't lose him I promise Rae. Thank you but it's not here. You're welcome and you'll find it, I was glad to help. Raul I'm sorry to bring you into this. Rae it's a necklace it's okay. Rae chuckled. Yeah.

You got burrito's! My favorite. Mhm from Joe's. Joe's? Yeah on Harold's And Pete Avenue. OHHH I always wanted to go there but never got the opportunity. Now you can try! Yes yes I can. Rae grabbed her burrito and took a bite. Oh my god?!?! It's amazing. You haven't even unwrapped yours yet Leo. Shut up Ro. Yep. Hey hey take a bite and don't be mean. Leo unwrapped his burrito and took a bite. Mmm. It's amazing. Exactly. Sorry Ro. It's alright. Hey kids. POOOO! Man of the hour. That's m-. Here take a bite. Po put his hands up in defense. It's good right? Yes yes. They all laughed. Hey kid? Hmm? Where's your necklace?? Glare was bothering me. Raul looked over at her and grabbed a burrito.

Hey hey hey breathe. Dad it's been two days I haven't had the necklace. Dad?! He smiled subtly. Not now. Well when? When I find the necklace! Rae sit. Rae looked at him. Please? Rae sat next to Po. Cassie LOST her mind when her necklace was lost and couldn't tell me but she got the courage to and I was fine about it. It's not that..it's the feeling of guilt. Hey hey it's a necklace..you will find it don't stress. IM STRESSSED! Rae just breathe. I'm trying. You're such a sweet person that you're going crazy over a necklace. It's not just a necklace..it was his mom's. That's even more important. Ugh I KNOW!! Rae it'll show up...this house is small. You're small. That's true. He said standing up. I'm a very small man. He touched her shoulder walking out her room.

You lost the necklace? Leo I. How? I I don't know. Rae I'm not mad. I get if you are. Okay I'm mad. Thank you for admitting that. Well thank you for not admitting that you lost it. I have lost it! I've lost my mind and the necklace. I see..have you slept? Nope. Rae! That's insane, it's a necklace. So what you're not mad? No of course I am but I'm also worried. About the necklace. I mean yeah but more about you. Leo it was your mom's. And I decided to give it to you. Right. So we're both at fault but it's okay. Leo I've gone crazy over this necklace. It's good but also I'll find it. Leo. Rae. He said in a stern tone. I-. Yeah you're done. Wha-.. what? You're done...go shower and I'll try to find it. Alright.

Rae got out of the shower and looked in the mirror. She brushed out her extremely wet hair and sighed. She felt something poke really hard  on her foot. Oh shit. She muttered finishing her hair then drying herself off. Rae started to put on her underclothes until she looked down and saw the necklace. She grabbed the piece that was poking her foot and looked at the necklace. I'm bleeding but it's worth it because I found you! Rae washed off the blood and washed her foot off. I did it! She put the rest of her pajama's on and walked out the bathroom. So hi. Hey Rae what's up. Showered. I see that. Rae walked over and sat by him on the bed. I'm so tired. You know that..that necklace was my mom's aunt and then her mom's and now it's yours I always thought that it would be my mom's forever and in a way it is but she loved it and I mean really really loved it Rae...as much as you love it and I know it's crazy to give you because it's like why not keep something that important I really trust you...it's kinda like my version of an engagement ring so it's okay if it takes a little to find I'm not mad anymore. Rae? Leo looked over and Rae was snoring. He smiled and looked at her neck to see. He laughed. Goodnight Rae.  He walked out her room.

Did you find it? Yes I did. That's good sissy! Find what? Her necklace. Ohhh...wait what necklace? My sun and moon necklace. Ahh who gave it to you? Leo. Got it. Everyone laughed and shook their head at Ro. I'm smart but not THAT smart. Ro you don't even have to be smart to notice these things. Just stop Rae. Wha- I-. Waffles or pancakes? Like which ones we prefer? Cause I'm a pancake person. Waffles forever. For DAMN breakfast! Sorry Po. It's okay..I only asked because we're running out of strawberry jam. Oh man. Maybe both? Raul suggested. Yeah! Perfect. So Rae and Ro how you feeling? With therapy and everything. It's nice to talk about things that are hard to say to you guys. That's really good. I feel the same but I'm glad it's helping Ro and I'm glad I have you guys. My Parkinson's is getting worse. What?? Yeah I didn't say anything because I don't think anything of it but it's been some time since I've had my medicine for it and please please don't get mad at me I know it's bad to not tell you guys but you're developing in a world without your mom. You matter too Po. Surprised I do. Yeah you stepped in and helped us but that also means that you as a person and your problems matter so much. Rae rubbed his back and grabbed his phone. Gonna call the hospital to get you an appointment, okay? Yes yes okay.

Thanks for letting me stay you guys. Hey Leo we gotta get those shirts! Yeah Raul yeah. Leo looked down at Ro and smiled. I loved hanging out with you Ro. Me too! He rubbed ro's hair. Ro smiled and walked away. I'll see you later Rae. See ya. Wait. Yeah? I'm not mad about the necklace. Yes you are. Yes I am but it's okay. Rae smiled and hugged him. Thank you for giving it to me at all. Thanks for being so distraught about losing it. You know, always. He kissed her cheek and let go of her hand. Bye Leo. Bye my sun and moon.